• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Be warned about autoparts online

PatAllen

I bought some parts from autopartsonlinecanada.com 2 month ago.

After 1 week, i called to ask what was going on, because most of the time parts take 2-3 days to get by.

Tracking number showed that they got the receip, no more.

I called numerous amount of time.

1-they told me the shipment was lost

2-they told me they shipment never got taken out of the wharehouse

3-they told me that the shipment has been delivered to the wrong adress, and that the person accepted to return them the parts, and then i will be credited

4-i called UPS and they told me they never delivered the parts to anywhere.

5-tracking number still show only "receip received".

So, it feels like its the new trick. you buy parts, they make you think they lost the shipment so its nobody fault, and then wait for the parts to show anywhere so you get credited then. They even proposed me to make a new order, pay for the parts and i will be credited after...yeah right.

Its been now 2 month that i am asking my money back...

They should have refunded me right the first day we found out the shipment was lost.

I gave them enough of my money already.

2006 530xi, 1974 2002 Automatic summer DD
1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp
1986 yota pick-up, 2006 Smart FT diesel

Is there some forum like angie's list or similar where you can lay waste to their reputation? I'd expose them for the con artists they are as loudly as possible....of course I'm assuming you've exhausted all possibilities at the company.

'74 2002

Ambulatory on 2/4/9!!!

Now the hard shit begins

Is there some forum like angie's list or similar where you can lay waste to their reputation? I'd expose them for the con artists they are as loudly as possible....of course I'm assuming you've exhausted all possibilities at the company.

I am ranting right now on every forum that i know of, and i send them the thread link.

yes i did everything i could so get my money, i even told them that i have a lawsuit ready for them.

"gives us few more days to fix this"...2 month now...

1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp

I bought some parts from autopartsonlinecanada.com...

1-they told me the shipment was lost

2-they told me they shipment never got taken out of the wharehouse

3-they told me that the shipment has been delivered to the wrong adress, and that the person accepted to return them the parts, and then i will be credited

4-i called UPS and they told me they never delivered the parts to anywhere.

5-tracking number still show only "receip received".

So, it feels like its the new trick. you buy parts, they make you think they lost the shipment so its nobody fault,....

That sucks ASS! What if you were a service repair place working on a customer's car? I had to wait over a year from a Mobile Tradition vendor who of course charged me the entire amount up front only in the end to refund the portion of back-ordered stuff undelivered. Not of course without a years worth of calling them on status. I agree a vendor should only charge when shipped.

The scam scenario if real is a newer form of fraud that should not last long if so. Call you your credit card company and file a fraud claim. They come down pretty fast and hard on shmucks who abuse the credit system.

But you know this already I'm sure.

Sorry to hear and I feel your pain.

post-2154-13667600948855_thumb.jpg

But what do I know

Hi Pat

Call your credit card company and explain the situation. They will probably refund you right away and go hard on your supplier.

Lee

i didnt thought about that one...lets try...

1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp

Pat, this is exactly why you use a credit card-

one, or maybe 2 phone calls later it'll be their problem,

not yours.

It's good, whenever something goes funny, to start tracking

the details. Even an abbreviated phone log that says

'called on 21-12-08, was told order had shipped'

goes a long way towards helping the card company fix it.

My latest was a shipment that had indeed shipped- to 'Seattle".

Well, where? 'Umm, we don't have that information right now...

have you looked around in the bushes?'

It took a month, but I got a refund from the card company...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

I was out 700 from the infamous Mike Hannigan (anybody ever find him?) and I called Chase once, no dice, they sent me some form that didn't apply to my case at all.... So I called back a week later, talked to some director/manager/higher rank, and the guy credited me the money instantly, after about 5 minutes on the phone.

The credit card companies are where you should try to solve problems like this, though you may have to call once or twice, or demand a manager to speak with...

-Merek

'75 2002

and also, if you have a choice of paying by credit card or PayPal, always choose credit card

Bob

BMWCCA #4844 (#297 of The 308)

1974 2002 Sahara, MM 2400 Rally engine, MM 5 speed and conversion

1976 2002A Anthracite parts car

1991 525i AlpinweiB II

2002 330ci AlpinweiB III

2007 530xiT Titanium Silver

Pat, I can't explain what happened, but I will say that I have ordered several thousand dollars worth of stuff from them over the years and only ever had one problem, an oil pump drive gear was shipped instead of the oil pump drive chain!

kevin

s'toon

Pat, I can't explain what happened, but I will say that I have ordered several thousand dollars worth of stuff from them over the years and only ever had one problem, an oil pump drive gear was shipped instead of the oil pump drive chain!

kevin

s'toon

i dont know too, i bought a lot of stuff from them, but the way they are managing the issue clearly show bad intentions. They deliberately lied to me several times.

1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp

they finaly approved a credit...wow. almost 3 month.

last e-mail i sent them was to let them know i was filling the fraud claim to my credit card company, which i did...

pfeuw !! what a gang of pedlers. since my local car quest cary the exact same line of products (worldpack), i will not buy from them anymore. Too risky.

1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp