• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lynx w/ 40 DCOE

napa02

I pirated a 40 DCOE off of a Spitfire that I'm sawzalling, and I

have thoughts of purchasing a Lnyx manifold. I have a 38/38 on the 75

and I like it a lot, but the 76 still has a stock solex and is in need

of upgrading. The motor is stock except a Tii ex. manifold and a

de-smog, and the car quite likely will see

some track days. Looking for some feedback about this set up,

how does it compare to the 38/38 ?

MJ

75 2002

76 2002

71 F250 camper special

• 8 months later...

well I sorta went this route, I purchased the Lynx and and linkage kit.

The 40 DCOE that i have is probably not going to be used, by the time I invest

the time and money to rebuild and configure it properly, i think I would be

better off with a new carb. And not sure if I should go with a 40 or 45 for this

setup. hopefully I'll get back to this project soon...

MJ

75 2002

76 2002

71 F250 camper special

• 6 months later...

Ok, lets re-visit this thread

Installed the lynx w 45 DCOE using the TEP throttle cable set up.

Really struggling with the cable set up. Thus far not been able to get a bind free actuation, really doubting that the TEP cable set up is the way to go.

No matter what I do with the return spring, I cannot get the linkage to return smoothly. Any Ideas?

MJ

75 2002

76 2002

71 F250 camper special

I share that opinion. Relying on the return springs in the carb is a no winner. YOu'll need the Pierce Manifolds top mount return springs in combination with the TEP cable kit.

That and watch the angle on the cable bracket attached to the brake booster bracket.

BD

That and watch the angle on the cable bracket attached to the brake booster bracket.

BD

Can you elaborate on this?

I have a fairy straight pull from the pedal link to the cable stop on the TEP bracket.

My problems SEEM to be originating from the carb side...

MJ

75 2002

76 2002

71 F250 camper special

Well it's been quite a while since I faced the problem. But I'll try to elaborate.

Firstly, I think the springs inside the carb is enough to run the butterflies on the car, but simply not enough to do the pedal as well.

Next I can't remember the rest of the TEP kit, was there a bracket below the carb that allows the cable to work the linkage? Lining up that and the cable housing between that and the bracket on the brake booster seemed to be an issue. Having the right length of housing on the cable is key as well, and you need to be careful cutting the cable housing, without crushing it or deforming it.

So the Peirce Manifolds spring really made it for me. It has the strength to overcome the pedal return. In addition I ended up using MTB deraliuer cable which was coated along with a quality cable housing cut to fit.

I know it seems like you end up spending 2x the money here, and I"m sure I could duplicate the TEP brake booster bracket, having seen it.

B D

Yeah I shit canned the cable that came with the kit, I'm using a teflon bike brake cable and housing. I've tried to keep the cable housing as short as possible. I guess i'll give pierce a call this morning...

MJ

75 2002

76 2002

71 F250 camper special

• 1 year later...
Bump.

How is the SSD set up working out?

Thus far it has been a struggle with jetting, still getting a lean misfire on the transition from Idle to mains. I may spend another weekend to diligently screw with this before I yank it off the 75 and go back to the 38/38.

MJ

75 2002

76 2002

71 F250 camper special

Bump.

How is the SSD set up working out?

Thus far it has been a struggle with jetting, still getting a lean misfire on the transition from Idle to mains. I may spend another weekend to diligently screw with this before I yank it off the 75 and go back to the 38/38.

I get this from time to time as well. I have the SSD but not the Lynx manifold. I get good idle, and once I'm past that transition, it's NICE. It's just that little transition. I've come to learn that instead of just jumping on the throttle, I need to feather into it. That smooths that transition out, and right after that, I can romp on it.

-David

1972 2002 - 2577652 Follow the fun

• 1 month later...