• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 Turbo on Ebay

nbcbird

Just to spread the news, a 1974 Turbo was just listed on Ebay for a BIN price of $9750 (at 11:08 on Monday). It seems to have some mechanical and exterior paint issues, but otherwise it looks well taken care of (as well it should). I am tempted but don't need another 2002 project right now. For all you Turbo fanatics, here's your chance.

WOW! Either this dude is smoking some good dope or he is a total noob and has no idea that this car is worth 5 times the amount he wants. One if 2700 made? Noob! Buy it now price of $9750??!! Good dope! Where's my credit card!!!

David G.
1989 Volvo 240 Wagon "Da Brick" Daily driver
1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R "Hitomi" Sleeping. Waiting for NEO VVL!!
1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" The never ending project!!!

When you look at the sellers recent transactions, none relate to automotive products. It is remotely possible that seller angrcamp, who buys and sells books and designer wallets, happens to own a classic like this. Even if she did, as an experienced ebayer, she'd be smart enough to do her homework on the value and would not use a "buy it now" auction. It is more likely that this entire ad represents a genuine vehicle but the person who placed the ad pirated the ad from a prior auction as well as poor angrcamp's ebay account.

1974 2002 - Project Rehab

2004 330ci

2004 530i

Certainly all possibilities! I just dropped an email to a fellow FAQ'er in Birmingham, Hopefully he will check it soon and end our speculation.

Best Regards, "Z"

Professionals are predictable; it's the amateurs you have to watch out for, you never know what they are gonna do!

Murphy was a Grunt

Here's the answer to my inquiry regarding inspecting the car before bidding. Go figure...

"Car is located in B'ham AL, approx 10 miles from the airport. Can meet serious buyers at the airport and take them to the car for inspection. Vehicle lift available, and my mechanic will be available for questions if you wish."

Never let school get in the way of your education!

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Here's the answer to my inquiry regarding inspecting the car before bidding. Go figure...

"Car is located in B'ham AL, approx 10 miles from the airport. Can meet serious buyers at the airport and take them to the car for inspection. Vehicle lift available, and my mechanic will be available for questions if you wish."

you should get this if the car is legit.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti