• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

adjusted the throttle linkage tonight...

752dbl02

..........Praise the Lord & Pass the spanner for this

throttle linkage thingy

Date: Thu May 15, 2008 2:04 pm

Subject: BEST ENGINE SWAP- Bang for your Buck??

Alright, like everyone else, i am getting sick of having a car that struggles up hills. Dont get me wrong, i love my 02 but after driving my dads E36 M3 for a couple of weekends, some power would be nice. :)

Now, i know that many people have dont the M20 swap, which would be most desirealbe, but money is a problem of course, as well as time. I have also heard of the M42 from the E36 and late E30 318 transplant, which seems like it would be easier than the M20 because of the obvious difference in size.

Now for the third option; a built performance motor from someone like Korman Autoworks, or Racetep perf. Both of their stage two engines yeild about 150 hp, but the Korman one is $9600, while racetep advertises theirs at $3900(labor not included). Or, i could just build the motor myself.

So, which would be the best way to go, bang for your buck, and the easiest swap?

........Glad the LIGHT CAME ON for ya.....bout time - does this mean no

motor swap now ?

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

I know C.D. i didnt look into the situation completely like you told me to.

I just assumed that the linkage was opening all the way because it appeared to, i never actually leaned over the door and checked. Sorry.

But if we must bring up what i said in my previous post, The car still doesnt have as much power as i would like it to, but you dont always get whatcha want, and i understand that.

And i dont have enough money to acheive the setup that i want, But the improvement that i experienced after doing what you told me to, was quite pleasing, and now the car rolls out pretty good for what it is.

Now i wonder if it will hit 100 mph....hmmm ;)

'75 2002

Photobucket

When my '69 was new I saw an indicated 110 (on a pretty accurate speedo) on a VERY deserted stretch of Florida 710 between Indiantown and I-95. Back then there was nothing along that stretch of road but alligators...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite