• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So I didn't have any heat ...

alpinems

Now that's it cold in the NorthEast, the heater not working has bubbled to my top of projects to do. Well, we all now how car projects go, one minute the car is ready for a drive to the beer store and the next, the dash is out and I'm in a full rebuild of the heater box. Turns out I'm not the only one that appreciates fine German engineering.

post-13090-13667598211928_thumb.jpg

- Cris 70 Euro 02 - resto pages

Alpine Motorsports

http://alpinemotorsports.blogspot.com/

enterprising squirrel had stashed in the engine compartment of my D21 Nissan pickup truck--and he (or they) did it in less than two weeks! I was still finding more walnuts this summer...

In the same truck, (presumably) mice entirely filled the space between the front fender and the inner liner with grass--a 20 gallon trash bag full!

Enterprising critters, but I'll bet they were disappointed to find their stash/nest gone.

I drive the truck more often now...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

While re-doing my VW (trans out), the squirrels shoved pecans down the center pan section and ants were living inside the rear fuel vapor recovery tank (71). I think my tii has some shells inside the cavity next to the coil.

Also, my father's Ford F-150 2WD pickup was literally "eaten alive" by squirrels within 1 year of purchase. They munched all the exposed fuel lines and all were replaced under warranty by the local dealer!

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

This wasn't the first time. Last year I threw a rod in my racecar and I bought a 944 street car to get the motor to rebuild over the winter. When I pulled the intake off that motor underneath it was a whole pile of peanuts and peanut shells. This is after I removed most of the pile.

post-13090-13667598243583_thumb.jpg

- Cris 70 Euro 02 - resto pages

Alpine Motorsports

http://alpinemotorsports.blogspot.com/