• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NEWBIES please read - An awesome resource

worzella

I use NEWBIE in the subject freely because I am very much one myself. Many times I have wished for better diagrams or pictures of 2002 parts (than Haynes provides, for example).

In addition, many posts on this site have attachments of just those diagrams and I have always wondered where they came from.

I finally located the document in freely downloadable PDF format. It is the official original BMW parts catalog for all '02s. It can be downloaded from this site:

http://www.thetiiregister.com/phpmyfaq/index.php

In the upper right hand corner is a reference link to the "Original Parts Catalog" and when you get to this page you'll see the cover. Click on it to view it live or right click your mouse to download the file.

It is a bit challenging to read at times (knowing fluent German might help!) but the diagrams and part numbers of every knob, screw, bolt and part for your restoration project is listed.

One tip..... After a given diagram there is the parts list with part numbers and German part names and these are correlated to the numbers on the exploded diagrams. But following this is a chart with the parts numbers again and the English names.... but no correlation to the exploded diagram numbers.

So you need to find the part number you are interested in using the first "German" chart and then find that same part number in the "English" chart to figure out what the exploded diagram part is called in English OK... that probably confuses things more than necesssary, but you'll figure it out !

1975 - 2366762 Born 7/75

See the whole restoration at:

http://www.rwwbmw2002.shutterfly.com

I finally located the document in freely downloadable PDF format. It is the official original BMW parts catalog for all '02s. It can be downloaded from this site:

http://www.thetiiregister.com/phpmyfaq/index.php

In the upper right hand corner is a reference link to the "Original Parts Catalog" and when you get to this page you'll see the cover. Click on it to view it live or right click your mouse to download the file.

It is a bit challenging to read at times (knowing fluent German might help!) but the diagrams and part numbers of every knob, screw, bolt and part for your restoration project is listed.

One tip..... After a given diagram there is the parts list with part numbers and German part names and these are correlated to the numbers on the exploded diagrams. But following this is a chart with the parts numbers again and the English names.... but no correlation to the exploded diagram numbers.

Glad you found my pdf donation to this site....

FYI, to clarify, the english parts lists exactly matches the german one and the numbers on the diagrams... you just have to scroll back and forth a bit because the numbers are not listed again in the alternate languages. But the 5th part in the german list = 5th part in the english list. No guesswork here.

I'm sure when it was in the microfilm format (this was scanned from a mobile tradition reprint from around 2000), it may have been easier to read.

-Justin
--
'76 02 (USA), '05 Toyota Alphard (Tokyo) - http://www.bmw2002.net

realoem and bmwfans do not include all of the parts for '02s. Many of the parts have been deleted from the databases that they use! Many BMW dealers do not even have the original orange books that these PDF files were created from or have access to them. So us the lowly '02 fans have better tools to determine the correct part for our cars than even most BMW dealers do! There are exceptions though... I know for a fact that Weatherford BMW in Berkeley have and use an original set of the '02 orange parts books.

I use BMW's ETK program RealOEM, BMWFans and Maximillian Importing's http://www.bmwmobiletradition-online.com site on a daily basis, but still refer to the wonderful PDF files of the parts manual from the Tii register when those databases fail to have all the information I need.

Bob Murphy worked VERY hard in getting BMW to allow us the free use of the archival records of the complete original 1502-2002turbo parts manuals. I just wish I knew how to get the ones for the 1500-2000tii Neue Klasse BMWs!!!

The 1700+ pages of '02 parts PDF files are not available anywhere else but from the Tii register.

Granted as in any document there are a few mistakes but that's why the 2002FAQ exists, a collective knowledge base to help any '02 fan that needs it, worldwide.

HTH

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20