• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

She's DONE!

nfinsness

Finished painting my 73 this weekend. Went with a single stage Nason stock color with a couple coats clear. Came out NICE...after grueling wet sand, buff and polish of course.

My son has named it Daredevil...due to the color. It came out a hint lighter than Malaga, but I love it!

Thanks to all for great wisdom and help on this forum!

I tried to post 3 photos...if they don't appear, could someone counsel me?

Nat Finsness

Somerset MA

-1973 BMW 2002 Malaga 34,000 miles...finished!

-1965 Pontiac GTO 389 4-speed

-1964 Pontiac Lemans Convertible 326 Auto

Below this box- click the Grey " browse button"

your file box should open up- Get to the picture you want and click open.

then click " add attachments " to get to upload the next picture.

If it sorta stalls out and does not accept your image file,

You may need to resize it. Left click and find the resizing option

and put it on medium - Good luck!

Congrats on the car- Hopefully you will get a good drive in before winter.

Joseph O'Neil

73 02 - Polaris - 2587250

67 2000 TiLux- Chamonix - 1451152

Looks very nice.

There's a Japanese saying, "House done, life over." I suspect it applies to our cars too - they'll never be quite done...

Steve E.

www.theportabledad.com

1974 Sahara 2002

1974 R75/6 (Sold!) :(

This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it…This Land

I taped around glass. However, when I bought car 6 months ago, windshield was missing...I painted inner seal area and had a pro install new seal and glass...also caulked around top and sides of windshield seal...looked like water could infiltrate the seal. Probably should have waited till after paint, but then I could't drive car. I was trying to make a nice driver...not into super correct restorations or high point show cars..DRIVE IT!

I have a stand up Craftsman compressor... 4 feet high...I forget the volume, but it keeps up fine. I use a Devilbiss DRD Spray gun with in-line dessicant. Shot with Nason (Dupont) single stage (Burgundy Metallic) with 2 coats clear. This way, if I burn through clear on the wetsand/buff, I can just shoot a little more clear and you would never know! In the past I have burned through standard base/clear system, and you are screwed once you burn through clear.

-1973 BMW 2002 Malaga 34,000 miles...finished!

-1965 Pontiac GTO 389 4-speed

-1964 Pontiac Lemans Convertible 326 Auto

what nerf bars are those and where did you find them? I've been looking to do the same thing to my car as i still have the slits for the bumper but my car no longer has provisions for a front bumper so i need to do something.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on