• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

02 carpet kit question.

daniswaytough

Hi everybordy,

i'm looking to put new carpet in when i get back home from school this december as my car is stripped out at the moment.

I'd really prefer to have the salt/pepper carpet combo to go with my black door panels/black vinyl recaros.

I've been looking around and only02 has a nice black carept kit, and

http://www.auto-interior.com/bmw2002.htm#about

has a black/fawn carpet kit.

Questions:

What is black/fawn?, the close up picture is a bit unclear, does it resemble salt/pepper?

Is there anyone out there who knows where i can get a salt/pepper kit, short of forking out 800 or so for an OEM set?

anyone have a hook on what i'm looking for? any help would really be appreciated guys! I'd like to have pictures for you guys by christmas!

thanks

daniel.

needy and demanding 72 02 known as Madame Von Kiki

I remember a place the made perfect 2002 carpet kits, including saltnpeppa, but it seams to me there hasn't been much board activity about them lately. The name escapes me. I know there have been posts about them though, so run an FAQ search for carpet kits and you will likely score.

67 Caribe 1600

76 Ceylon 2002

I remember a place the made perfect 2002 carpet kits, including saltnpeppa, but it seams to me there hasn't been much board activity about them lately. The name escapes me. I know there have been posts about them though, so run an FAQ search for carpet kits and you will likely score.

Yea, I had been a fan of that place and their work until I realized he ripped me off to the tune of at least 400 bucks. The kit I have is excellent quality, fit and finish but it's not what I payed for.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Yep, there is SO much info on here from the past about carpets it's a little overwhelming... it is somewhat helpful however.

I ended up getting samples from World Upholstery and Auto Interiors (who sells ACC carpet and has a black and white). I was going with blue carpet so I can't tell you who all has the SnP colors... I did get a sample of the SnP though from auto interiors because I was curious. I ended up liking the WorldUp the best and splurged a little on their blue import loop... a little classier and quality looking... but you really have to see the differences in a sample. I haven't installed my carpet yet but it looks really nice out of the box and others have had good experience with it... my interior/carpet guy praised both these companies and said the AutoInteriors price was better than what he could buy it for.

Rob

1966 Mustang vert - 5.0EFI/AOD & mods

1975 '02 - the typical upgrades (my 'new' car)

It all depends on your budget. Based on my personal experience, the best carpet kits are made by Gahh. Second best is World Upholstery. Although you can use any carpet material, the best carpet material for vintage cars is German Square weave loop. They are available in flat or blend colors. Second best material is German wool blend loop, it is like 80% nylon, 20% wool.

Black/fawn is a cheap (nylon) copy of salt and pepper German loop. It looks cheap too. You can buy the raw material from Gahh and have your local shop make the carpet for you. Old carpet can be used as a template.