• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying on new shoes....Ireland RS

Todd21

I'll try to get that done but it will be a few days. I am going to convert to coil-overs but the current stock strut assemblies are not an issue. I have convinced myself that I would roll the fenders if needed.

As soon as I get the additional photos I post them up. I do plan on running 205/50-15's.

Todd

"Common sense isn't common"

Colin,

I don't think I'll need any spacer. The front clears the strut but I have not even tried to mount the rear yet. The fronts look like they are going to be flush with the outside of the fender. I am a little concerned about the rears but I have run 15x7's before but I don't recall the offset of those wheels.

I'll be sure to post more picture asap.

Tom,

Thanks for the comments they wheels are made by Konig. The centers are a little loose but I managed to tighten that upwith some tape wrapped on the surface that holds the center into the wheel. I used 45mm roundels over the stock Konig center pieces to be held in with RTV.

From the pics, it looks like the edge of the wheel sits right flush with the lip of the fender, much like the 320i basket weaves, which would make sense with an offset of 20mm. I emailed Jeff to ask him about this, and he insisted a spacer was necessary, but obviously, if anything, the wheels are spaced out pretty far. Thanks for the pics. What size tire are you going to go with?

I'm not sure why Jeff is recommending the spacer but he usually has a very good reason for what he suggest. I'm plannign on running 205/50-15's so I'll difinitely have a fender full. I have a set of Jeff's front coil-overs so I can trim the height of the car. I am going to run his stage II rear springs but I don't know where they will sit. Also have the 22mm

The rates are:

Front 300-325

Rear 260

• 1 month later...