• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sourcing Boge shocks

mbaze

I know this is mostly a Bilstein crowd, but if one wanted to break with the pack and go with Boge for struts and shocks, where would one find them? My Google searches have turned up scant online ordering possibilities for 2002s. VWs and Audis, yes. 2002s, no.

'71 Sahara (sold 2019)

'74 '02 (sold 1/09)

Take a look here. www.shox.com.

Marketed under the parent company Sachs.

Earl

74 02Lux

02 M Roadster

72 Volvo 1800ES

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

You will be lucky to get 10k out of them before your car wallows like an old buick.

I had one go bad on me in about 6k miles.

I'd get a set Bilstein HDs+stock springs and not have to worry.

That's funny; the original Boges on my '71 lasted 80k miles and about 18 years before they were replaced with another set of Boges. That second set has been on for 60k miles and about 20 years and they're still good and firm.

Guess it's an example of YMMV...

-Dave

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler

Thanks all, per usual.

What's weird is I've seen reference on this board amd elsewhere to different versions of Boges, besides OE, including Pro gas and Turbo gas models. Can't seem to find those for sale. Everyone just has the stock OEs. Urgh.

'71 Sahara (sold 2019)

'74 '02 (sold 1/09)

I don't think Boge pro gas and turbo gas were made for 2002. All 2002 Boge are oil shocks. The sport model, called Turbo (not Turbo gas), is no longer made. If you find a pair grab them, they are stiffer than regular oil shocks and work well with shorter springs. They were painted red instead of black. Best prices are at bavauto. If you find a cheaper source elsewhere, bavauto will match the price.