• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Update: $500 CL tii

Hutton

Update: $500 CL tii

Car finally made it home......Short distance but difficult journey.

I purchased the car in Houston weeks before the hurricane hit. It was stored at a friend's car lot and made it thru the storm without any damage...Nice!

With the car safe at home (Denton TX) I have discovered some interesting finds and very cool vintage upgrades all 02 appropriate. First up ....Vitaloni BLACK side mirrors # M[es] 32642)...for those of us who can pull out the old Roundel mags from the 80's. They are listed as an upgrade by offering a larger surface. Personally I'm not a big fan but since they came with the car and are in excellent condition; they will stay. Next up heavy duty sway bars (front and back)....not sure of the brand yet. Bilstein HD shocks all four. Lowered springs about 1/2 to a full inch very stiff...again unsure of the brand. Wheels are the BWA mesh wheels. The car strikes me as a time capsule from the 80's. Registration expired 1999.WOW! The car still maintains a lot of the original equipment vin# 2761710.....Early 72 02tii....Still has the plastic runners. A/C with everything still complete. Oh, still has the original tii steely as a spear and correct tii (oval) rear muffler. ....The bad is the PO had a cheap re-spray "RED"...original color is verona. Need tips on removing the over spray from the factory decals and vin plate. He also sprayed the grills, kidney and whipper blades black......I guess to mach the mirrors right. Purchasing 02's thru the 80's 90's and now 2002.........The tell tell sign of an experience PO was the switching of the front shock spacer from under the car to the top of the fender. This allowed you to lower the front of you car. With all the mods on the car the spacers are still in the original location. This weekend I will tear into the motor.....Another tell tell sign of an inexperience tii owner is the use of a paper fuel filter (Clear capsule) cylinder. They even zip tied the fuel hose to the top radiator hose??? what the ???...Always use the original BMW tii fuel filter and stay away from the zip ties. More pixs this weekend.........Need a new camera

post-310-13667596192912_thumb.jpg

post-310-1366759619377_thumb.jpg

Chris Hutton

72 02tii Ceylon 2761758

71 02 Sunroof Riviera 2574316

68 1600 Bristol 1565358

88 535is sold

KILLER SCORE!!!!

I love seeing all that 80s era stuff!

Here's other common endearing 80s mods:

Painting the bumpers and early grilles satin black

removal of the belt trim

4 lb "Fuzzbuster" bolted to dashboard

My first 02 (in 1985?) had Vitaloni mirrors - with the other aforementioned 80s mods - they looked OK. *

*trivia time: The baby Toranado Vitaloni mirrors were used as original sporty equipment on YUGOS!!!! (how do you think I harvested spares for $5 each as a teenager, back in the 80s?!?!)

Indeed, the 80s were a weird time of stylish trends to 02s....now I guess it's powdercoating, Megasquirt, and big wheels...it's neat to see how it's evolving!

Paul Wegweiser

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

Another tell tell sign of an inexperience tii owner is the use of a paper fuel filter (Clear capsule) cylinder. They even zip tied the fuel hose to the top radiator hose??? what the ???...Always use the original BMW tii fuel filter and stay away from the zip ties.

Which filters should we use? I have a non-tii and I have the clear plastic Bosch paper filters under my hood; one before the fuel pump and one after. For non-tii 02 owners, what filters should we use and where should they go?

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog