• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4k all day

Dave3x72tii

My latest tii just passed its stress test, 1600mi to ofest and back. Today we left WG at 7 am, 700+ mi and 10 hrs at 4000 rpm later, I'm home with no problems except a loose muffler.

Congrats to the concours/autocross winning 02ers

Thank you to those that helped other 02ers with parts/help/advice

Good to see old faq friends

Glad to meet new ones

Can't wait til next time

Dave

Good to see everyone and VERY gratifying to see all the 2002s there--last couple of years there have only been two or three.

Ludwig ran like a champ all thru that rain on Sunday--we left WG about 8:30 am and arrived back in Dayton about 5pm...on the road mileage was 30 and 31 mpg...can't kick about that, running 70 or so...

I do need new tires, tho...wondered why I felt the car was a little skittish in the heavy rain 'till I checked my tire tread...down to the wear bars on 3 of the four! new Avids, here I come!

Already planning a caravan from Dayton to Atlanta for next year's Ofest. All you midwesteners, Dayton'll be the gathering point for an easy day's drive to Atlanta...we could even take some back roads part of the way if there's interest...

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Guest Anonymous

It was entertaining for the first few miles, when there was standing water on the road, what with Molly wearing her track shoes. But they're actually pretty good in the rain (Yoko Advan 032s, NLA).

Congratulations to Mr. Bill Williams, who placed first in Concours Original class with his Touring, and to Messrs. Tim Skwiot, Vince Strazzabosco, and Mike Self who placed first in their respective autocross classes.

It was a good time. Definitely.

David Roach

"Molly" (Inka 1973 2002)

"Nick" (Schwartz 2004 330xi)

But we made good time, and had a great time out there. It would be nice to put the 5speed in, but the car certainly doesn't complain, even after a 16 hour day at speed.

Thanks for the roadside sandwich lunch Dave and Deb (not to mention the always full growlers). Anyone passing thru WG, make sure to stop at the roosterfish brewing/bench race team headquarters/banquet wear shop.

Dave, you really sum it up perfectly with this:

"Good to see old faq friends

Glad to meet new ones

Can't wait til next time"

(get that car together Harv -- in time for next year!)

tim

1973 '02 w/megasquirt-II and COP EDIS ignition

http://www.hbci.com/~tskwiot/2002.html

Yep, made it home without incident in the green ti. Like others have said, it was cool to see everybody again, and make new friends as well. The car was fine all the way, and is now resting indoors waiting for an oil change and cleaning of night rally dust. Then it needs a bit of exhaust welding especially due to that Night Rally Roadkill that jumped up and hit the exhaust.

vince