• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mr. Marley...

72touring

below are two bmw related quotes from Marley >

"I have a BMW. But only because BMW stands for Bob Marley and The Wailers, and not because I need an expensive car."-1977

"(I drive) a jeep. An old jeep, so nobody will say I'm driving a BMW anymore. I couldn't stand that BMW, ha ha ha! BMW make pure trouble!"-September, 1980

I admire Bob and the 2002 as much as anybody, and would be so proud to say that I drove the same car as he, but is that REALLY an '02? I see that the beltline molding and the crease on the shoulder of the hood might suggest some relation to the 2002, but check out:

1) where the fresh air intake vents begin in relation to the wiper pivot

2) the point where the hood crease meets the same fresh air intake vents.

Compared to the car pictured below, they look to be in different places.

I'd love to be wrong on this one. Tell me I missed something - RHD?

post-2432-13667594798293_thumb.jpg

I admire Bob and the 2002 as much as anybody, and would be so proud to say that I drove the same car as he, but is that REALLY an '02?

There is a better pic of Bob standing next to his BMW and you can clearly see the model, but I don't recall it being an 02. If my memory serves me correctly it was a 3.0 CS that he drove.

I do see what the poster above is talking about. It looks like the wipers are in a different place. Do the right hand drive o2's have backwards wipers? and / or do they swipe the other way?

I know there are sometimes differences to cars shipped to places in the Caribbean.

I once worked on an Alfa Romeo Alfetta sedan that had no heat. That's not to say the heat didn't work or someone removed it. It was never there. The temp controller was something like fresh to cold or something like that. It did have AC and there were a bunch of other small differences as well.

I wonder if this car was .... half right hand drive to cause the wiper to be clearly in a odd position. Maybe Island o2's had more ventilation choices and a different hood?

John

EDIT: Hmm... maybe not.

id,5043

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

I do see what the poster above is talking about. It looks like the wipers are in a different place. Do the right hand drive o2's have backwards wipers? and / or do they swipe the other way?

I know there are sometimes differences to cars shipped to places in the Caribbean.

I once worked on an Alfa Romeo Alfetta sedan that had no heat. That's not to say the heat didn't work or someone removed it. It was never there. The temp controller was something like fresh to cold or something like that. It did have AC and there were a bunch of other small differences as well.

I wonder if this car was .... half right hand drive to cause the wiper to be clearly in a odd position. Maybe Island o2's had more ventilation choices and a different hood?

John

EDIT: Hmm... maybe not.

id,5043

Yup, my dad always tells me the rarest Shelby option was only available in Hawaii - the heater delete.