• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thanks to all of those who attended Lime Rock 02 Fest!

pkuchay

All,

The final count was 42 cars and I want to take a second to thank all of you who participated. Our goal was 40 cars and we exceeded that.

Secondly, our event was sponsored by New Country BMW in Hartford, CT and Sports Car Restoration in Plantsville, CT and lastly, we have to acknowledge Harpoon Beer for donating the beer to our event. Thanks to all of our sponsors and to those who attended please make an effort to patronize our sponsors businesses.

I tried to greet as many of you as I could. If I didn't get a chance to thank you personally please know it was my intent. I believe we had a great event, the area drew tremendous attention because everyone who drove into the infield had to pass by our corral.....not to mention to size our of grill! Keep in mind men (and ladies), size does matter, especially when it comes to grills.

There were a lot of people who kicked in and help out. All the guys from SCR, New Country Staff and countless others. I appreciate your efforts. I also want to thank the staff @ Lime Rock. They were great to work with.

Keep your eyes on www.02festnortheast.com for video and photo's. My brother spent a lot of time taking video and pictures of the event.

I am looking forward to next year! Let's try to get 60 cars next year!

Paul

1973 2002 M2 - sold and in Florida

1967 Porsche 911S vintage race car "Ugly Duck" - Sold and staying in Denver

1972 BMW 2002 FIA Gp 2 Replica

Thanks to all that made this possible. I had an absolute blast- it was great to meet everybody.

Awesome work by all who put this together. Beautifully done!

Next year factor in burn cream for Nigel and the guys... Or don't let them put so much charcoal in the grill...

~Rob

'73 2002 Warmbold Rally Car Imitator

'89 325i Time Capsule

Guest Anonymous

Thanks, Paul for a great Sunday. Perfect weather, wonderful collection of cars, including several very nice turbos and pristine '02's in the 2002 corral. The food and brew were great, and the conversation was instant FAQ immersion. I finally got to see the wheels I'm interested in, mounted on another car. And the huge advantage of this venue is all the other cars also being shown as part of the Lime Rock weekend, plus the high end concours, and the swap meet also going on at the park. I attended the vintage races on Monday and that was also terrific with historically very interesting cars - not reproductions but the actual cars, including the winner at Watkins Glen in 1953. Thanks again for your good work and the '02 expertise brought to the show by Matt McGinn and his group.

Roger

'72 Malaga

Thanks to everyone who was involved in putting the event together. It was great to see new life injected into the 02Fest by a group of enthusiastic and capable organizers. Well done.

--

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

My wife and I had a blast also! Thans again Paul and SCR Crew you guys did a great job! The caravan that left SCR sunday morning was awesome too, Watching 4 2002's cruise in front of us up rte 8 was really cool! And seeing the looks on peoples faces in cars we passed was priceless. Great day, good people, cool cars! It doesnt get much better. Oh and Paul next time you offer to let me take a spin in your M2 Im snatching those keys!!! Im still kicking myself!!

Thanks Guys

PS. Nate Thanks for swinging back around to make sure everything was good off Rte 4!

post-10316-1366759441749_thumb.jpg

post-10316-13667594419875_thumb.jpg

post-10316-13667594422163_thumb.jpg

Modern cars... They all look like electric shavers.

Guest Anonymous

Thanks to you and everyone who made it possible to have it on the vintage weekend! I loved seeing all the 02s but it was also very cool to see so many other marques and models. Seeing in person a Ferrari 250 GTO, Jaguar D-Type, and I am not quite sure what lotus polished aluminum aero race car were unexpected highlights on the front straight for me. My GF and I both had a great time looking around at all the cars and then being able to relax under one of the tents with beer (missed the food). What more could you want? Great cars, company, atmosphere, and beer!

David