• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IDEAS NEEDED

gazanik

Hello everyone

Been working on the car for a while and got to the point that the PO's holes under the kidney are bothering me...I need some ideas of what to do, any photoshoped ideas would be appreciated,,, I was thinking of making a horizontal kind of a grill to put from the back, but I dont know,, I will post some pics of development later tonight..

post-2110-13667594213405_thumb.jpg

(O==(l)==O)

Guest Anonymous

how about some kind of wire mess screen. I have thought of cutting some openings like that in my car.Will help to allow more air for the radiator if I want to use the car in the Phoenix summer.

I do not know, but there is no way to make this better without a mig welder, in my opinion. The good news is that you can repaint just the lower panel. They are hideous and a terrible thing to do to a car.

agreed, that looks like too nice of a project to half ass it. weld it up and paint it. i just dont see a way that will look good

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Looks like the PO had a full on cold air intake. Check out the forward firewall hole. You might consider using it....it's up to you.

IMG_0722CAI.jpg

Whatever you choose, I'm pretty sure the bumper will cover it up mostly. Pop-rivet some wire mesh behind them and you're good for whatever you want.

bumper.jpg

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

You really don't have to , but that's most likely what was there. The original air cleaner assembly snorkeled through the little tube in the forward firewall to provide slightly cooler intake air. Your car's PO looks to have made the cuts to have a custom cold air intake. Yours would be custom, too. In truth, those holes would probably better serve radiator cooling.

Additionally, the holes are curiously sized......I wonder if the PO meant to install later model kidney grills.

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog