• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My buddy brought a sad sight over today

Pinepig

He had to bring his 74 by so I could find out why it wasn't running ( head gasket is shot, he said it got hot prior to death ) anyway I hadn't seen the car yet but he described it as a clean no rust 74 in Fjord, mmm OK.

So he shows up and sure enough it's about how he described it until I opened the hood, the car was Inka, under the hood, in the trunk and the door jambs.

What kind of idiot would paint an Inka car Fjord.

Charlie Mac in Sacramento.

My Blog

I'm an كافر

What kind of idiot would paint an Inka car Fjord?

Inka is not the most subtle color car to drive. Neither is Brilliantrot, but I digress...

Maybe the owner/driver wanted to be less visible while they drove merrily down Sunset Blvd.

In the early 1990s, in a moment of weakness (one of many), I bought a 25th Anniversary TransAm. It was white with blue stripes, white wheels and white leather...big-assed, picnic-table spoiler on the back, great small-block LT-1 under the hood...looked like a chest freezer on steroids. My now departed friend John, who may have wanted the car more than I did, remarked that it was "a car you shouldn't pick your nose in."

I suppose if it were pale blue one might perfom acts of personal hygiene less conspicuously.

Delia

1994pontiactransam.JPG

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

My now departed friend John, who may have wanted the car more than I did, remarked that it was "a car you shouldn't pick your nose in."

I suppose if it were pale blue one might perfom acts of personal hygiene less conspicuously.

Delia

1994pontiactransam.JPG

too funny. I needed that laugh today!

Cheers,

Doug

'73 tii Atlantik

Yes the Ninety's were more of a pastel decade.

Did you secretly wish it was a white Ferrari ?

I trust that you had a matching outfit.

Dude!

That's so eighties!!!!

We're talking "Nash Bridges" (circa 1996), here! Bright colors!

NASHSH.jpg

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

So he shows up and sure enough it's about how he described it until I opened the hood, the car was Inka, under the hood, in the trunk and the door jambs.

The horror. The horror!

now: '72 Inka 2000 touring, '82 Alpina C1 2.3  & '18 328d wagon (daily driver)

before: a lot of old BMWs (some nice, some not so much), a few air-cooled 911s and even a water-cooled Cayman S

Alpina restoration blog: https://www.alpinac1.com/

He had to bring his 74 by so I could find out why it wasn't running ( head gasket is shot, he said it got hot prior to death ) anyway I hadn't seen the car yet but he described it as a clean no rust 74 in Fjord, mmm OK.

like this one? fjord's a nice color but didn't seem to come into its own until the 80's.

post-3926-13667593652169_thumb.jpg

post-3926-13667593652634_thumb.jpg

post-3926-13667593653036_thumb.jpg