• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Three new updates with pics. Opinions plz?

mtriple

Very nice! I have no regrets about eliminating the reflectors on my car (I couldn't bring myself to have the new fenders drilled for them), and I really like the Superlites; the polished lip and painted center goes with the Bristol nicely. I think 14" looks much better on an '02 than 15".

And the mirror looks like a clean install. I have a used but mostly good passenger mirror I'd like to put on my car sometime, but I'll need the mounting plinth and gasket. It it at all useful? I suspect I'd still have to do the over-the-shoulder glance even with the mirror...

-Dave

I agree, the 14s look more proper on the 02 and most importantly the weigh reduction too. But thats just my opinion.

I made sure that the body shop mounted the mirror per manual instructions. As far as I have been reading, this is the proper way to go and less vibration issues in the future. All the parts used seemed useful to me. Of course your usual over the shoulder glance is still in effect. I live in LA so this car feels like a baby panda trying to make its way between the dinosaurs (SUVs).

Hamada

70Bristol02 E36M3 E34535im

Delia,

LOL @ being possessed by my tii. So true! You can never stop with these little cars. Just like having a baby you CANNOT stop giving!

I gotta tell you this pic is gorgeous. What a beautiful 02? will it be at the bay area02?

Thanks

Thanks!

"Julius" and I will be there! The Bay Area Meet in May is a great place to get together and show off a bit. With all the really shiny paint jobs and big wheel/tire combos, Ol' Julius with his twenty-five year old paint and vintage Minilites might look a little bit "dated," but he's true to the '02 enthusiast's spirit (circa late '70s).

The picture I posted above features a stabile by Alexander Calder. "La Grande Vitesse" is in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The city decided to put its image on the sanitation trucks as a snide insult to the 42-ton masterpiece.

pub03.jpg

"Mae" is most likely staying home this year. (She's looking a bit sad since the accident.)

Seeya then!

Delia

Ahaa I notice the art work in the background now that you mentioned it. Julius was taking over the pic! Thats too bad they put that image on their trucks knowing what it is.

See you in May!

Hamada

Perfect.

You do everything right and have impeccable taste. One of the finest 02's on and off this board. Hands down.

Mars,

These are some serious "props"! I am not sure how can I back this up. There are some breathtaking 02s here. I can tell you this: If the day comes and I need to sell the 02, it will be going to you my friend. So you better stop me if I am about to do something stupid. Which leads me to remind myself that I need to send you that email I wanted to a couple of weeks back. Major future decision help needed!

Thanks

Hamada

Looks terrific.

Jonathan

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

Looking sweet, Ahmed! Nice upgrades.

Tom

Thanks Tom,

Just to update you on the twin weber plan:

So far I collected:

The carbs (obviously) with Linkage and Manis

Oversize eccentrics

MSD 6A

They will re curve the dist at the shop (or should I just get a used tii dist to save money?)

Fuel pressure regulator

Parker performance VDO setup

Awaiting IE to have the exhaust back in stock (God knows when) then I will pick it up + header + 292 cam. I think thats all I will need. Oh yeah they will pull the head off and will upgrade to tii intake valves.

The funny thing is, as I mentioned before..I might end up changing my mind since its taking too long for the exhaust and the car drives pretty darn good for a single barrel carb! I do not want to go with the Sebring exhaust since after the install it will cost very similar to IE. So there might be a very lucky guy down the road that might buy a complete setup!

Sorry to get off topic here :)

Ahmed (AKA Hamada)

Ahmed,

What distributor are you thinking of having 'recurved'? Is it a pure mechanical unit - or a vacuum unit? With the dual DCOEs (if you decide to go that way) you'd need a 'pure mech' advance set-up.

BTW - know what you're thinking re: 'a bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush' -- if you're single carby set-up is running great and you're enjoying everything (and DRIVING!), it's tough to get yourself taking it off the road again to change lots of stuff (even it's upgrading)... ;-)

Tom

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

I've always liked the "clean" look - no side mouldings or reflectors.

If I didn't have to choose between front brakes or trap mirrors, I'd have mirrors as well (but brakes seemed kind of important).

And Bristol is a very cool color.

Ken

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

Ahmed,

What distributor are you thinking of having 'recurved'? Is it a pure mechanical unit - or a vacuum unit? With the dual DCOEs (if you decide to go that way) you'd need a 'pure mech' advance set-up.

BTW - know what you're thinking re: 'a bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush' -- if you're single carby set-up is running great and you're enjoying everything (and DRIVING!), it's tough to get yourself taking it off the road again to change lots of stuff (even it's upgrading)... ;-)

Tom

Tom,

It is mech advanced indeed. This is the distributer I am referring to. The shop that got the dibs to do the car offers them. Here is a link:

http://roninautowerks.com/services/bmw_2002_recurved_distributor.html

distro.jpg[/url]

I've always liked the "clean" look - no side mouldings or reflectors.

If I didn't have to choose between front brakes or trap mirrors, I'd have mirrors as well (but brakes seemed kind of important).

And Bristol is a very cool color.

Ken

Thanks Ken. If I was you I would have done the same thing and gone with the brakes. The trap mirrors are back in stock anyways and will be there when you are ready.

Hamada