• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"A D A C" badge with a German eagle

Lorfjord

what does it stand for? I heard the German auto club. It goes on the front grille.

Theres also a Bavarian badge. What does that stand for?

This German woman has them for sale.

She had alot of car badges. Munchen, Stuttgart, Berlin, Deutcheland not a bad price either.

I'm considering the Bavarian badge and the ADAC badge

The ADAC badge would be the German equivalent to a AAA badge on a US car. The eagle is part of the logo and goes all the way back to the teens of the 20th century when ADAC was formed (maybe even earlier).

The Bavaria badge would be like a state badge in the US--probably with a representation of the Bavarian state coat of arms and/or flag. Bet it's blue and white (where BMW gets its colors for its roundel--blue and white are the Bavarian state colors).

Nice decorations for your grille--just mount 'em with rubber backing so as not to scratch your grille bars.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I need to get the radio installed, the console put together or remade. I pulled it apart to see what needed to be done to the radio and it wouldnt fit back the same way. It has a ton of screws and holes. All the wires were originally stuffed in there.

I found a place that can sell me radio cables. They had installed a Pioneer which no longer works.

I bought an old radio with original wires.

The console's plastic is rotting and peeling. the dash is relatively new.

It had the 5 speed upgrade when I got it.

I havent been to an 02 event. They all have seemed to happen when I had work.

Thanks for bringing this up. I may work on it this week.

I plan to get a vintage Becker or Blaupunkt installed. I hate the Kenwood unit in my car. It has 500 features and is wired up wrong. I want an old-time radio instead. Want to clean up/paint a set of orig. steel wheels to replace the E21 turbines on it now. Good luck w/yours.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz