• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

V@V!

After I received that grille badge from this year's show courtesy of Tim Jones, AND looking at all your pics and realizing that Keith was there, I really want to go!!!

So I know it's in the month of May - where exactly is it? Who is willing to put up with me in the car with them if I come along? I might start planning, it would be good to go!

"My dad was right, it was cheaper just to buy a new car."

'75 Golf Yellow Automatic 2002 with Weber 32/36 DGAV - "Karl"

railwayKarl-1.jpg

Here's the nitty-gritty:

http://www.vintageatthevineyards.zoomshare.com/0.html

It would be great if you could make it from OZ! You would have at least the Long Distance (w/o car) Award locked in. I've gotten it the last two years, so it's time to pass it on to someone new (although it probably should have been Ray Koke's this year).

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

Ash,

Come on up! You need to be at V@V!

We'll have transportation available. I always have a straggler, or two, with me whenever I go to an event. (Just ask Brad, Bill Williams, or Mike Pugh)

Besides, Jess' Hotdogs and Kline's Dairy Bar called. They want to know when you're stopping by. You've been missed!

BTW, I'm gonna take a couple of pics of Loker's Auto Sales, in beautiful downtown Penn Laird, for you.

Regards,

Randy Bryant

Elkton, VA

"To live life without belief is more terrible than dying...., even more terrible than dying young." Joan of Arc

"It is not a sign of good health to be well adjusted to a sick society." J. Krishnamurti

I told my dad my plans about coming home next year for the show and he asked why. When I said what for, he said he used to go to them all the time! I don't know if anybody knows him on here but his name is Dave Loker.

Anyway, he says the guy who runs it (if this is the same car show he was talking about that's run in Mt. Jackson), is the same guy who owns the BMW dealer out near Roses - kinda. I can't remember his name or the name of the place (is it E & E Auto?) and since dad is out travelling Australia right now, I can't ask him either, but if any of this is making sense, let me know!

My sis now lives at Kitty Hawk, NC, not in Harrisonburg anymore! I just read the website Harry provided me with and the next show is in Lewisville, NC - lucky, it's in the same state! Anybody want to swing by and come and pick me up on their way?

railwayKarl-1.jpg

Ashleigh, If you can make it, I will give you something special to drive. BTW, many thanks for the BMW Clubs of Way Down Under badge. It is on my 85 Euro M5. I will send you a pic if I can ever get the damn thing out of the shop. Tim

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.

Ashleigh, If you can make it, I will give you something special to drive.

If it's a stick shift, you're gonna have to show me how to drive it first. I only drove a car three times in the U.S. and that was when I was on my learners!

railwayKarl-1.jpg

Ash,

You're speaking of two entirely different events, different months, different locations, and different "qualifications" to attend.

At V@V, you bring your applicable vintage BMW, and participate. This event is in May '08, in Lewisville, NC.

In September, there is an event at Shenandoah Vineyards in Edinburg, VA. Hosted by E&E, in affiliation with the National Capital Chapter of BMW_CCA. I think there's a registration fee to participate in the concours and also an enrty fee for the festivities/wine tastings and stuff.

Regards,

Randy Bryant

Elkton, VA

"To live life without belief is more terrible than dying...., even more terrible than dying young." Joan of Arc

"It is not a sign of good health to be well adjusted to a sick society." J. Krishnamurti

Cool Randy. I guess my dad really does need a hearing aid. He must have thought I said "E & E" when I actually said "V@V". What a bonehead!

railwayKarl-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Your killin me Otis !

The band will hopefully be at least a 5 piece band next year though.

EVERYBODY CHECK OUT THE UPDATED WEBSITE WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE - www.vintageatthevineyards.zoomshare.com

It's gonna be great in '08!

Scott Sturdy - event organizer

scottsturdy@yahoo.com

"SAVE 'EM FROM THE CRUSHER !"

Biscuit 3,

Saw your posts on FAQ and wanted to personally invite you Vintage at the Vineyards. The website will have most of the info and I'll be posting some more lodging suggestions shortly.

The event is going to be cooler than ever and I think you'll have a great time. We have a get together and beer drinking extravaganza on Friday evening, then Saturday will start with a drive through the countryside to the winery, and Saturday evening will feature a party which will be a new thing for next year. There is usually have some sort of drive on Sunday also.

We have a fellow Australian in our 02 GROUP ( Rob "Aussie Rob" Walpole) so we will have a translator on hand for you ;-)

Any questions, just ask,

scottsturdy@yahoo.com

post-1050-13667581820761_thumb.jpg

"SAVE 'EM FROM THE CRUSHER !"

We have a fellow Australian in our 02 GROUP ( Rob "Aussie Rob" Walpole) so we will have a translator on hand for you ;-)

I'm American born. Everybody BUT this guy will be a translator for me.

railwayKarl-1.jpg

Biscuit 3,

Saw your posts on FAQ and wanted to personally invite you Vintage at the Vineyards.

scottsturdy@yahoo.com

Hey, hands off my woman, Mr. Sturdy. No amount of fruitcake that you can offer, can tear my true love, away from my arms.

Biscuit 3,

Saw your posts on FAQ and wanted to personally invite you Vintage at the Vineyards.

scottsturdy@yahoo.com

Hey, hands off my woman, Mr. Sturdy. No amount of fruitcake that you can offer, can tear my true love, away from my arms.

What about your tractor? :)

-=Scott=-

My Short Bus

rotate.php

1971 2002 - "William Grover-Williams" - Track/Weekend Car VIN 2579197

1998 740iL E38 - "Blau" - Daily Driver

http://gallery.xfiler.com