• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is pretty amazing...$100 for a tool kit?

02fanatic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-1600-2002-Tool-Bag-Tools-NLA-NEW_W0QQitemZ270143693598QQihZ017QQcategoryZ6763QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Now don't get me wrong...I've way overpaid for '02 stuff too, but first off is this really "original"?...it sure looks like the reproduction kit to me! I have an original tool kit in my '73tii and it's "brown" with red trim.

Maybe they varied..oh well...still alot of moxy for a tool kit!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

"this item is simply not NLA, however, as Tilux states."

Really?

Well, I certainly take it very, very personally when I am called a liar, especially when I am not.

Please tell me where you can purchase one of these. Please!!!

They are not available from the BMW dealers.

Please tell me or offer an apology.

Really?

Well, I certainly take it very, very personally when I am called a liar, especially when I am not.

Bimmer Parts used to sell them all day long a few years ago for around $35.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

Nothing wrong with Bob buying low selling high.

He had the foresight that many of us wish we had.

I wonder who ended up with Michel Potheau's stash of stuff?

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

Nothing wrong with Bob buying low selling high.

He had the foresight that many of us wish we had.

I've got several of his model cars! :-) I'll always cherish them.

btw, I wasn't bashing anybody....simply making a statement. I hope to make some extra money when I sell stuff on ebay (there is nothing wrong with that for sure). The tool kit just doesn't look 70's vintage to me. And even it it is $100 is alot of money. I bought my '74 '02 for $200! Things are just getting way out of whack with prices...and we all are going to suffer for it. I blame the internet!

Look at the 2002 Bimmer Parts catalog...BMW Vinyl Tool Kit $38

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

IIRC his brother had the cars and parts stash. His diecast and memorabilia collection was being sold piece by piece on eBay by this seller :

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmichaelm850iQQhtZ-1

He sent me a spreadsheet some time ago with all the items that were being sold. I was able to get a couple of them, plus some I had bought directly from Michel before he passed. As a matter of fact, my last purchase from him was about a week or two before his death, a nice small-scale Inka '02 which will always be a cherished part of my collection.

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

Yes Harry, you & I both feel the same way about Michel. Come January each year (when he passed), I fondly remember our internet chats...he was a true friend to me, and I will always miss him, and especially his sense of humor. I have a similar "cranky" style of humor that is often misunderstood by some..but that's tough! (just what Michel would say I'm sure).

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

Really?

Not calling you a liar, but perhaps mistaken. Anything available on the Mobile Tradition site (to which Maximillian subscribes) is available thru your local BMW parts desk. See here:

http://www.bmwmobiletradition-online.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=2213&mospid=47140&btnr=71_0187&hg=71&fg=05

MichaelP

BMW_CCA Blue Ridge Chapter

'71 1600

'71 2800CS

'73 3.0CS

'91 318ic

http://www.crismanpetrus.us

but it is NLA, we will correct it in our monthly update.

I just bought one from Bob, that is the only place I could get it.

I spoke directly with Germany and there is no plans for reproduction any time soon. (Price just went up on the ones Bob has.)

Here is an opportunity for a person with sewing skills.

We are entering the age of many Mercedes Benz restorers. If we want parts, we will pay dearly for originals or pay a little less for "reproductions".

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

i guess i dont understand the logic here. tilux doesnt set the price. ebay buyers do. looks to me like the first bid was 2 bucks. ive sold plain flat euro signals for 340 dollars at one time because people keep hitting the bid button. i didnt feel bad at all

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

....I was able to order this item from BELL BMW Dealership online parts order catalog within the last year for about $36. I also said: (unless it became NLA very recently) it was not NLA.

hit this link: http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=26

and enter in the part number: 71111128360

Item Number MSRP Core Price

71111128360 $42.95 $0.00 $36.51

7-TOOL BAG KPL

Please don't have hurt feelings, the post was not a personal attack, just the facts as I knew them, as I was recently able to order this exact tool bag without difficulty. Perhaps the supply has now been extinguished and they are in fact NLA. I'm sorry if you felt my post jeopardized your credibility, I also stated that there was nothing wrong with buying low and selling high--this is AH-MRR-ICA after all.

Kind Regards,

Ben

--> 1968 2002 <--

Sorry I started the whole thread fellas, including you Bob. It wasn't intended to come across negative in a "personal" way one bit!

I just didn't consider the tool kit NLA (like "vintage" NLA), "if" they were still being made...which they apparently aren't at this point in time. But, of course that could change tomorrow!

The whole business must be very confusing for those of you selling Mobile Tradition parts nowadays. and don't think for one minute you aren't appreciated by this board and it's members...because you all are...very much!

It just is sad that things have to cost so much...it's ruining the "fun" factor for many of us....yes, we're spoiled I suppose because BMW is such a great company to keep producing parts for us.

Eventually, we'll probably be in the same boat as the British car crowd fighting over old rusty junk at events like the Carlisle Import Show! :-)

Happy '02ing and have a great weekend!

John

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"