• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

look at my stroker please

BLUNT

i just picked this up. it came with dual weber 40's and port matched intakes.

heres the specs

M-10 stroker from Eric Kerman which is still in the crate. It's a complete long-block (includes water pump)

He used an S14 crank and S14 con. rods., also J&E forged pistons, 92 mm.,

Pistons are 10:1 compression exactly, rods magnafluxed, new

bolts installed, lightly honed, balanced, checked for straightness

on Sunnen jig.

1 gram balanced, magnaflued

Stroke: 84

Bore: 92

Rings: Hastings 1.5/4.0

Head is from the original '73 malaga. He does his own porting and polish, port manifold and head. all new valves, springs etc. The valve size is stock as he says that works the best (see below for his own 2.2 stroker--simila

Schrick 292, single Schrick springs.

Redline: 6400.

Baffle in pan.

new water pump;

heres what im worried about and need advice on. this motor is new but has been sitting in a crate for about 5 years. its been sealed with oily rags stuffed in all the ports and wrapped in plastic. it spins freely and after i opened it up it looks great inside with no signs of condensation and plenty of assembly lube present. im told it was misted with oil in all cylinders before storage.

from what i can see it looks great but im wondering what you guys think. is there anything youd do to this while its out as preventative maintenance just incase???

the webers are functional but need gaskets so ill do those. i also need some kind of baseline setting as the webers were running on a stock 2.0L.

any help and advice would be appreciated. one last thing.... do the numbers on the cam designate anything because it appears to say 268 or 266 on the cam.

post-180-13667580145818_thumb.jpg

post-180-13667580148052_thumb.jpg

post-180-13667580150228_thumb.jpg

post-180-13667580152627_thumb.jpg

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Blunt--it looks like you ended up getting the engine from Monte. If I recall when I looked at it when it was down here in Indiana, it had vintage chunks of underpants stuffed in the sides...looks like they are still there! I sure wish I could have purchased that engine and his car before he split it up, but it wasn't meant to be financially. Good luck with it!

Ben

--> 1968 2002 <--

Blunt--it looks like you ended up getting the engine from Monte. If I recall when I looked at it when it was down here in Indiana, it had vintage chunks of underpants stuffed in the sides...looks like they are still there! I sure wish I could have purchased that engine and his car before he split it up, but it wasn't meant to be financially. Good luck with it!

Ben

--> 1968 2002 <--

Ben

yeah ben. its montes. he dragged it to wisconsin with him when he moved. ive been going back and forth with him for months on this. i finally bit when i blew the M10 in my 69. i was going to do a turbo but this just seemed so easy and i have enough projects going on. monte is a good guy and was 100% honest in its description. im saving the chunks of whitey tighteys that were in all the ports and asking my wife to stitch them together so i have a new pair

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Sounds exactly like my Kerman set up but I'm running 45 DCOEs. Here's how mine's currently set up ( to the best of my memory and written notes / documentation). Though I have 45s - there may be useful info for you here:

stepped up from 34mm venturis to 36 (Alpina spec is 38 BTW) - HUGE improvement!

Eric recommended 33 deg full advance with 002 mech dizzy, but since I run exclusively 93 octane - I *might* try to squeeze a bit more advance out of it. With this full advance - it idles at 900 rpm at about 8 deg - 9deg advance

140-145 mains (might try some smaller ones, too - maybe 130?)

180 air correctors

55 f8 idles

...and if you REALLY want it to ZINGGGG....consider an aluminum flywheel! I'm so glad I did.

Not sure if the 40s will be up to the task, quite honestly - but I'd go for it, since you have 'em! Oh yeah...the "ti" / early Alpina typ air box STRANGLES this motor - I'm running feeble Piper-X socks instead, until I find a suitable flow filter / box setup.

Feel free to e mail me any Qs you have

zenwrenchpaul at yahoo dot com

Paul

post-2748-13667580157903_thumb.jpg

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

Sounds exactly like my Kerman set up but I'm running 45 DCOEs. Here's how mine's currently set up ( to the best of my memory and written notes / documentation). Though I have 45s - there may be useful info for you here:

stepped up from 34mm venturis to 36 (Alpina spec is 38 BTW) - HUGE improvement!

Eric recommended 33 deg full advance with 002 mech dizzy, but since I run exclusively 93 octane - I *might* try to squeeze a bit more advance out of it. With this full advance - it idles at 900 rpm at about 8 deg - 9deg advance

140-145 mains (might try some smaller ones, too - maybe 130?)

180 air correctors

55 f8 idles

...and if you REALLY want it to ZINGGGG....consider an aluminum flywheel! I'm so glad I did.

Not sure if the 40s will be up to the task, quite honestly - but I'd go for it, since you have 'em! Oh yeah...the "ti" / early Alpina typ air box STRANGLES this motor - I'm running feeble Piper-X socks instead, until I find a suitable flow filter / box setup.

Feel free to e mail me any Qs you have

zenwrenchpaul at yahoo dot com

Paul

great info paul. exactly what i need to get started. thank you. i may take you up on the offer to contact you for help

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

do the numbers on the cam designate anything because it appears to say 268 or 266 on the cam.

could possibly be the cam degrees? maybe just a not-to-aggressive one? i couldn't find such a degree listing here, but i'm still learning about bmw's, so i could very easily (likely) be wrong!

http://www.vacmotorsports.com/cgi-bin/special_view.pl?man=Schrick

gif_dancinggir.gif :::Chris::: -> '04 VW GTI 1.8T ("Squeakers") -> 1975 BMW 2002 ("Gir")

do the numbers on the cam designate anything because it appears to say 268 or 266 on the cam.

could possibly be the cam degrees? maybe just a not-to-aggressive one? i couldn't find such a degree listing here, but i'm still learning about bmw's, so i could very easily (likely) be wrong!

http://www.vacmotorsports.com/cgi-bin/special_view.pl?man=Schrick

well im hoping not because its suppose to have a 292 in it. so im not real sure what 268 designates. i was hoping someone knew for sure. thanks for the link though

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Blunt,

Kerman's motors rock! He's done two for me and I would never hesitate to go back to him.

Knowing this is a kerman motor just pre-oil it before firing it up and you are ready to rock and roll.

Just in case, though take the valve cover off and make sure the eccentrics and what not are tight. Since this motor has been sitting for a while and it sounds like it has passed several hands just double check everything.

I did a lightened flywheel on my Tii years ago. Very happy with that. If you can swing it I would agree with Mr. Wegweiser.

you guys are killing me. my "budget 69" is slowly becoming a pit. whats another 500 at this point i guess? i have 2 alum flywheels in 2 of my other cars and love them. i guess ill take the plunge

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

you know, when I first saw the post and read the subject I wasn't sure what to think.... didn't know if I should go into this post or not.

just look at your subject again and keep thinking about what it says...

>;)~

heh heh...

you know, when I first saw the post and read the subject I wasn't sure what to think.... didn't know if I should go into this post or not.

just look at your subject again and keep thinking about what it says...

>;)~

heh heh...

the fact that you questioned it but went ahead and entered the thread anyway speaks volumes mars

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com