• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who Carries weird tire sizes (13"x8" wheel)

beast02er

No one!

I think the best bet is the tire rack and search for 215/50/13. Sumatumo has one. Kuhmo stopped making the 235/45/13's that I have on my car. Hoosier makes a 225/50/13 in a wear out as you look at it compound.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

13x8 puts you on competition tire turf. Good Year makes an Eagle that's DOT'd and Hoosier has several to choose from as well but you're not supposed to use them on the road.... IIRC Hankook and Cooper make 13" competition tires as well, but I dunno if they're DOT.

02trackwheels.jpg

MichaelP

BMW_CCA Blue Ridge Chapter

'71 1600

'71 2800CS

'73 3.0CS

'91 318ic

http://www.crismanpetrus.us

I'm not sure where it's from -- our M2's PO had them put together. I thought maybe they were from Summit. Who is Diamond?

They're pretty heavy and currently serve as rollers in Matt McGinn's shop. If'n you'd want them, you could have them pretty cheap, though I think they're a different color these days...

M2autox.jpg

MichaelP

BMW_CCA Blue Ridge Chapter

'71 1600

'71 2800CS

'73 3.0CS

'91 318ic

http://www.crismanpetrus.us

Avon makes some weird sizes, and I think there's a retailer in Ohio that can get them.

Really! I was thinking that if anyone was making a small fat size it would have to be someone in Europe. I was thinking I could go for some of the competition stuff and maybe have them heat cycled a lot........

If you remember the place, let me know. Tyres for these fat 13's are going to be impossible to find soon.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Harv, this link is for distributors of Avon Motorsport tyres. I think you'll be able to find add'l. information from this link, but I haven't looked at the site lately. I see that there are three US distributors, one in Ill. Not too long ago there was one located in Ohio - possibly the Columbus area, and a fellow in Ohio who sold me the BBS track wheels for my E21 had used some short & wide 13" Avon track tires he purchased in Ohio.

http://www.avonracing.com/main.html

post-94-13667576552641_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure where it's from -- our M2's PO had them put together. I thought maybe they were from Summit. Who is Diamond?

They're pretty heavy and currently serve as rollers in Matt McGinn's shop. If'n you'd want them, you could have them pretty cheap, though I think they're a different color these days...

M2autox.jpg

Diamond racing makes circle track wheels. The spun 13x7's come in at 13lbs. not light but as light as a most 15" wheels (bbs rs are about that.) Without flares the 13x8's would be to fit and I'm going for a 205/60 so a 7" would be the max anyway.

• Administrators

the new Hoosier A6 225/50R13 is even wider then the old 225/50R13 hoosiers. Great tires in a turn a little strange in transitions. Take a little too long change directions. Kumho Ecsta V710 were a little quicker in transition, a lot chaper and would last a lot longer then hoosiers. But hoosiers are wider :)

Pick 1

Pick 2

steve k.

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

The competition 'street legal' radials technically are meant for a 7" rim

(because that's the widest allowed by the sanctioning bodies)

but I bet you could stretch a 225-60-13 onto an 8" without any negative consequences...

Hankook, Toyo, Avon (?) ...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL