• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's no longer a rustoration!!!!

Martin

I now have a rust-free tii!!!

I welded in the new trunk floor and tail panel today. This milestone marks the last rust repair of the project. Now I can move on to metal prep and primer. If things go well I might be ready to shoot some color by fall.

A tip-o-the hat to BLUNT for supplying the panels. I'll try to update my site sometime in the next week or so.

In the meantime, here are a few before and after pics.

trunk_repair_1.jpg

trunk_repair_2.jpg

trunk_repair_3.jpg

trunk_repair_4.jpg

grace_022507.jpg

Martin

'73tii rustoration

2002tii-restoration.org

top notch work. your website is a real asset to this community. it takes the mystery out of the work.

now, if only reading your website would take the EFFORT out of the work too...

i dread having to deal with some of those issues on my next project.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Wow!

I remember when we met at O'Fest 2002 in Keystone, CO, and I went a little crazy 'cuz you were considering changing the exterior color to something other than the original Inka orange.

I was just kinda wondering if, after the Mobile Tradition '73 Inka tii has been making the rounds, you like the idea of keeping your car in its original color any better.

Cheers!

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

I remember when we met at O'Fest 2002 in Keystone, CO, and I went a little crazy 'cuz you were considering changing the exterior color to something other than the original Inka orange.

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking back then. An unintended benefit of this project taking so long, is that it has given me plenty of time consider things like color changes and other modifications. Maybe it's just me maturing a bit, but my restoration goals are tending more to original all the time. In other words, this tii will definately be returned to Inka. In fact, the color orange is starting to become something of an obsession for me--all thanks to this car! And thanks to you too, Delia, you helped set me right about Inka!

Cheers,

Martin

'73tii rustoration

2002tii-restoration.org