• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Drove it today

Steve73tii

Not a big deal to those outside the rust belt, but with the freakishly warm weather and a couple of good rains since the last salt on the road, I got the '02 out today (December 14th). Just 20 or so miles around town including the silly "S curves" that pass for twisties here, then back on the throughway. Man, it was good to drive a car that works and that's simple and direct! I had given up hope 'til at least April. Today I hit 999 miles on the Kerman factory rebuild. Here's a couple pics. Lot's of cosmetic glitches, etc., still to work out, but I'm working on them...

Steve

post-751-13667571890111_thumb.jpg

post-751-13667571891304_thumb.jpg

post-751-13667571892152_thumb.jpg

'73 2002tii Agave green #2763558

Very nice...enjoy.

Jonathan

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

Thanks all for the kind words... All I see after being up to my elbows in it all summer are the flaws!

Yes, it's Agave, or as close as the paint shop could match in that formula. Looks a little Jadey to me. The wheels are factory alloys, like the cromos, but with only 5 slots... FPS, I think was the oem? I didn't get a good shot of the wheels because I painted the the brake drums silver and they match. Looks like crap. The early e21 Recaros were $100 bucks on ebay and I had a great local guy do just the centers in a gunny sack-like brown tweed.

There are funky details like that everwhere because I did certain things cheap and local and used a '71 parts car. Also, because the car was used as a BMW factory vehicle in Germany for a year before being officially exported, it has odd little options like a pop-up sunroof deflector and sport steering wheel. It had a radio suppression kit, too, though most of that was missing. I could go on... Maybe I should do the project blog thing.

Steve

'73 2002tii Agave green #2763558