• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suspension Techniques springs

TTyMiller

...that I bought used. They work well for my needs. I drive the car daily on rough city roads, but I love to fling it around corners out of town too (obviously). I find them to be a little stiffer than stock, but not so much that they beat the crap out of me (and the car) on a nasty road. In fact, on the California Melee Rally after a long stretch of pockmarked logging road, I was the only one still smiling because I was able to keep my tires on the ground in the turns.

I've had a super stiff daily driver, and I ended up regretting it.

There is a little more body roll than I want right now, so I am thinking about swapping the Sus Tech bars with something bigger. Cheers!

Davin (who was in SF)

London, England

1968 Fiat 124 Sport Coupe

Pressin' on regardless . . .

Depends on whatcha want. I have them on mine at Carl Nelson's suggestion, with ST bars and Bilstein HD's when I told him I wanted the car set up for the street.

Cheers,

Ray

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

and I like it but might go to bigger sway bars one day. The drop is no more than 1/2 inch vs the prior stock set up on my '70. The ride is a bit firmer and handling is markedly improved but still fine for daily use and long trips. Whether the change is more due to the springs vs the shocks, I dunno. I think its a good street setup for the driving I do.

Your wheel/tire combo is going to effect the ride and handling too. I have 14" e30 wheels with 185/60 Yokohama ES100s which I think is good for my purposes too. The Yokos have great stick wet or dry and are not so low profile as to increase the bump and jiggle factor unacceptably. The 185 size is narrow enough to keep lower speed steering light and to avoid major clearance issues.

Paul in Richmond
'70 Chamonix
'85 535i, 2000 R1100R

ST makes 2 flavors of springs. Progressive and linear. Eibach and H&R do too.

If this is a daily driver with occational spirited driving, then go with the progressives. They are more comfortable. But they do have a strange fell when they go from soft to hard. It's a feeling I could get used to.

The linears are more predictable. They just get stiffer predictably.

You can tell if a spring is linear or progrssive by looking at them. Progressives have their coils that are closser together on one end of the spring and other coils further apart on the other end. Linear springs have even spacing throughout.

Good luck.

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.
Auxiliary Lamp Brackets  Kamei Reproduction Front Air Dam