• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

your favorite gauge type?

robsanab

I'm going to get a gauge/radio console panel from parker performance for my daily driver and was wondering what 3 gauges you find most useful.

I'm planning on a voltmeter and oil pressure for sure... but for the 3rd gauge I'm thinking either water temp or a clock (I don't wear a watch) rather than oil temperature. I'm not sure what a oil temp gauge would tell me... how do you read yours. Not getting an oil temp gauge would also save me $60 because I wouldn't need that dual sender adapter that enables you to mount both oil temp and oil pressure senders.

what do you think?

Rob

1966 Mustang vert - 5.0EFI/AOD & mods

1975 '02 - the typical upgrades (my 'new' car)

id much rather have an oil temp gauge than volts. you think your cars warm when the water temps up to normal but its not. oil temp tells you when its ok to beat the shit out of it

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

FYI - the VDO clock that fits the Parker Performance console faceplate gauge holes is VERY hard to come by. And if you do find one, if you have A/C behind the console, it won't fit (it's a much deeper gauge than the VDO volt/temp gauges.)

Ask me how I know.... ;-)

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

Oil temp, oil pressure, volts. Oil temp and pressure are invaluable for prolonging engine life. If temp is high or pressure low, shut it down! And volts has helped me trouble-shoot a couple of electrical problems. If you must have a clock in the car, try putting the clock in the parcel shelf like a tii. Or just buy a cheap watch and keep it in the car.

Ian

'76 M2

Ian
'76 M2

'02 325iT