• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Red Cross Fundraiser - win a '74 2002

jpcapoc

Couldn't believe this, got a solicitation in the US mail for an American Red Cross fundraiser. You can win a "tweaked" 1974 2002.

The flyer says that the car is "totally tweaked" by the BMW Performance Center. All new custom interior, tuned engine, new rubber, rims and shocks, fresh paint and body, final color will be a surprise!

Well, they caught my eye. I'm donating $100 to have a chance at the prize! America Red Cross is a worthy institution. I've donated regularly over the years. $100 a pop is a little more than what I'd normally give at one time, but what the heck!

http://chapters.redcross.org/sc/piedmont/bmw_page.html

John Capoccia

'70 Verona

Roundel?

If I remember the article correctly, the car was given to the Boys Home as a donation, one thing led to another, and the Perfomance Center and a number of thier suppliers signed on to donate time and materials to build a trick '02 that could be raffled off to generate significant funds for the two organizations.

I think there was supposed to be a follow up article detailing what was being done to it, but it definately was NOT going to be a stock restoration project.

I got the mailer too - they probably bought a mailing list from BMW NA or BMW CCA (or both). One little detail - the mailer shows a late roundie, but I believe the donated car was a squarelight...........

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

I called just to check to see if it is legit. 1000 tickets max ($100K is a lot of dough for fund raising), 5 tickets max per person. BMW manufacturing in Spartanburg is involved in the restore as well. Drawing is Oct 21-22. Do not need to be present to win. The woman I talked to said she is getting entries from Calf, NJ, Texas, etc. Tickets may not last long. Good way to donate to charity.

poor as I am, i have to encourage this type of action - i sent them my 100 bucks.

I'll bet you 100 bucks that I don't win - any takers? heh.

me too josh

Heh .. if either of us win we should drive one of ours out to pick up the nice one and we could donate it for another fundraser!

Think the 70 parked at Erics would make it??

We could make that redcross branch a revolving BMW fund raiser!~