• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

here's the new addition to my family!!

RS2002

Best $100 i ever spent!! Now i just have to figure out how to get it halfway across the country!! I currently have it sitting in my grandma's garage over 1000 miles away... It's killing me that i can't go play with it :(

69543.jpg

Hey RS2002, it's the best $200 you ever spent!! It may look a bit raggedy but it's got great potential. Potential to drain your wallet among other things, that is!! Seriously, it will be great fun and you will be so proud of your $200 find. You rescued a forlorn '02 that needed a bit of TLC, you're a great guy, right??

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

thanks for all the compliments guys!! It's already killing me that I can't go over and sit in it and mess with it.... I don't even think I will sleep good tonight now!!!

It was crazy how it came about, the guy had to sell it fast because he lost his storage space and was about to be hit with a $500 fine... I called my grandma who just happened to live in southern CA. and asked if i could store it in her garage(she's over 90 so she's not driving anywhere).. she had no problems with it and I had it towed over there and now I'm just feeling like a kid waiting for christmas to open my present. It's going to be a while before i can go get it, so i'm just going to have to be patient!!!

Just be sure to do something with it and not store it like I did with "Inka"...I bought my '74 for $200 in 2000, and have been paying almost $100 a month to store it since...do the math! :-) No time. Was that a bad investment or not?

Seriously, have fun with the project...that color looks to be Baikal, but hard to tell, it's so faded.

I'd rent a U-Haul car trailer and make a two day trip to get that baby....that would be fun!

Best Wishes......

John

post-197-13667565789441_thumb.jpg

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

I bought an early '67 for 200.00 from another FAQer who lived in Oregon. I'm in Texas... and the car was in Kansas. The deal done, I recruited my best friend, borrowed my dad's truck and my father-in-law's trailer and off we went to Kansas. It was a fun trip! Mom wanted us to drop off furniture at my aunt's house in Enid, OK, so we did that and hauled ass back to OKC to catch a OKC RedBirds (minor league) baseball game. That done, we stopped in Wichita stayed the night at some fleabag. The next day, we got up, hit 35 and went west on 70 to this small town I can't remember where it was. Jerry, do you remember where? This hick family ran a junkyard with pieces of 50's americana along with one little funny looking "furrin'" car. It took us 2 hours to get the car on the trailer because the brakes were frozen. That done, Derek decided he wanted us to go a different way, so we drove all night through the western parts of Kansas, OK, and Tx until we hit Ft. Worth and crashed at Derek's house. Next morning, we went to my in-laws' house to drop the car off in their barn. I haven't had much time to work on it because we live 2 hours away and my wife and I just bought a house so it's not feasible at this time. So I think you should recruit a friend or two and take the trip. It'll be fun!

Here's what the car looked like when I got it:

1600_front_c.jpg

With more time and more space I hope to eventually restore it back to a daily driver. It will be a fun project.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I second that. Only had a 800 mile roundtrip to get this beauty but it was fun. Still can't work out how we used less gas on the return trip.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17