• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I told my parents on you

Vroomer

That's right. All of you.

FIRSTLY, It's because of InkaSteve, Gordon, and Pierre I had to get a 2002 for Palo Alto last year. You guys are bad infulences!!!!

SECONDLY, Then on the way to Palo Alto, InkaSteve and I met up with Karl's Half Moon Bay Highway 1 caravan. I was introduced to the Tii.

THIRDlY, AT Palo Alto, I am must blame all the people with Tourings. Yan & Jamie ESPECIALLY. All the tourings and a REAL Alpina touring!!!! Jamie had a GOlf touring.

FOURTHly, THEN Fest West came. (I made sure my parents came out for that one.) More Tourings and Rob's REAL DEAL Cabrio. Got introduced to the Nardi Steering wheel and more of you BAD INFLUENCES. Jan & Jamie AGAIN!!! Jamie had a RHD Touring.

FOUR point 5 -ly, I stopped by Rob's shop over President's Day weekend. Because I am a 'car-pocondriac'. Ran into Keith. AND Yan & Jamie AGAIN!!! Had a mini-02 Fest. =] Jamie had ANOTHER NEW touring. AARRGGGHHH!!!

FIFTHLY... I secured BMW #3 today: a Verona 2002 Touring Tii.

You are all responsible for my BMW crazed personality!!!!!!!!

1969 BMW 2002

1972 BMW 3.0 CS

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

2007 Jeep Wranger X with all the trimmings

We will all come over and take it away, if you think it would help..

We do need pictures, very very soon..

Congrats..

Steve (I feel no guilt whatsoever)

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Yaaahaaaahhaaaahhaaaahhaaaa!

All you guys are in troooooouble!!!!!!!!

So glad I didn't get blamed for this one. I usually stick to contributing to the delinquency of the minors within my own family.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Vroomer, I'm so sorry that I have been a real bad influence on you, we just twisted your arm so hard to join the 02 community. I must not have been that bad of an influence on you, because I only helped corrupt you part way. You had to have an 02 after we all brought our 02's to Bimmerfest in Santa Barbara last year. But when I showed up to Palo Alto in my 70 E3 2800, you didn't go postal and go out and buy an E3. I've got to try harder next time to corrupt you over to the dark side. You know you are really an old BMW pyscho when you have an 02 AND something in your stable like a NK, E3, or if you have real deep pockets, an E9. Once you start driving an E3/E9 with a M30 six engine, you'll be hooked. Congrats on your find. I'm guessing we will soon see your Z4 on craigslist to help finance your touring restoration.

This below email is from the E3 email list in regards to a new list member wondering if he should restore his E3 2500. You could easily subsitute 2002 in place of E3 and we would all agree that we all suffer from the same incurable disease, 02itis... Group, I am right on this one??? Read on.

G-Man

74 tii

73 Bavaria

70 E3 2800

This list will coerce you at gun-point to forsake all of your friends and family in the interest of restoring, to an obsessive, compulsive degree, your 2500. This list will also compel you to devote 95% of your disposable income to parts purchases, the other 5% being devoted to the purchase of band-aids and "adult" beverages.

This list will threaten you with bodily harm unless you purchase at least one Getrag 265 5-speed overdrive transmission, a set of rear headrests that don't match your interior, a set of used BBS wheels, a Suspension Techniques spring and anti-sway bar kit, a set of wider and lower profile tires, a Crane ignition unit, and an aftermarket sport steering wheel (probably Momo) even though you don't have an adapter yet. The threat of bodily harm will be for real, and must be taken seriously.

You will waste time at work calling three time zones away in search of a side-loading limited slip differential. In October or August you will drive a minimum of 300 miles to drink beer with, and look at the cars of, people whom you have never before met. You will do it again the following year.

You will subscribe to the CS Registry and First Fives mailing lists for no apparent reason. You will come to like and admire Bill Bowes for no apparent reason.

Within three months of starting the restoration, you will purchase a 1972 Bavaria as a parts/donor car. It will be Sahara with a tobacco interior. Within twelve months you will purchase a second parts car because you will have decided to restore the first parts car, rather than parting it out. The second parts car will be a '73 Bavaria. It will be either faded Fjord blue or faded Polaris silver, and it will have a very nice blue vinyl interior. The radio antennas on all three cars will be located in different places. You will lose sleep over this.

You will curse the previous owner ("PO") who failed to return tools to the toolkit in the trunk, unless you are a patent examiner, in which case you will wonder what all the fuss is about.

Within 6 minutes of getting your 2500 running, you will decide to transplant a later 3.3 or 3.5 liter engine from an '85-'89 E28 five series.

You will labor over the decision to transplant a fuel injection system onto the car, but you will eventually succumb, and you will rejoice in your decision. Thereafter, you will seek out E36 M3s driven by mere children, for the pure pleasure of racing them to the next corner. Typically you will win, albeit through sheer recklessness. As you drive away from them, you will realize that they will never amount to anything. They will come to fear you and all that you represent.

Paul at Maximillian Importing will put you as number 7 on his speed-dial. Jim at Mesa will know your children's birthdays.

You will learn to speak pidgeon-German. You will develop a taste for an obscure, caustic ginger ale which can be used in place of hydrogen peroxide.

On a business trip you will be seated on an airplane next to a man named Walter Eschelbach. You will bitch-slap him with no explanation, and then order an Orangina from the flight attendant.

Anyone on this list will tell you the same. Am I right, folks?

Ciao,

DHW

Wilkommen Sie to the Madness.

("Mad Gau Disease" as it is know by the afflicted)

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

Yaaahaaaahhaaaahhaaaahhaaaa!

All you guys are in troooooouble!!!!!!!!

So glad I didn't get blamed for this one. I usually stick to contributing to the delinquency of the minors within my own family.

You and ScottA have some to do with this. Don't think you got off this easy SteveJ! I blame you for my desire to attend the alpine 500 (all full this year). I blame ScottA for demonstrating TRUE 02 dedication and spirit, getting up at '0-dark-30', replacing his '02's head gasket, and driving his Sahara dual side draft up to Fest West.

You are all responsible. *finger wag* For contributing to the delinquency of an adult. Ok, 26 year old kid. Same thing.

=p

~Vroomer

1969 BMW 2002

1972 BMW 3.0 CS

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

Brilliant! That's me to a T.

Bought a '76 (US spec naturally) as a parts car for my RHD Touring, even though only the hood, fenders & doors would fit. Virtually none of the mechanicals matched, so........it became the project car & I had to get another as a parts car.

Through this "board" I now know people from all over the States and some further away.

Yeah! Wouldn't change a thing.

Cheers,

Les

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

• 1 year later...

Even though G-Man's away in Qatar... that JERK found me an E12 out here to 'rescue' and put the transmission into my coupe.

AARRGGHH!!!!

Bimmer #4... ? anyone else see it? Is it "Self Fulfilling Prophecy Tuesdays" already?

1969 BMW 2002

1972 BMW 3.0 CS

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i