• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project Polaris - TMK-001's 1973 squarie rebuild.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Where did you find the front nose panel. I now need one for my beauty 2002-1973 vintage.

Thanks.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds good! Lucky you've been out of Vic... weather is shocking! Came from 24 degrees back to Melb's 12! Btw, keep an eye out for stereo gear - Preferably Alpine ;-) ...Its time whitey got some sound :-P

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

O.boy - I got every panel that I have replaced on my car from BMW. I was happy with every single panel except the hood which was damaged in transit, then repaired by a stupid panel shop that I hate - before I picked it up and took it to my panel shop where they spent 2 hours fixing the stuff they had missed - at my cost!

Tom, are you getting an Alpine stereo? Or are you wanting me to get one? I am looking for a simple looking that is iPod capable, an amp to go under the pax seat and a few extra speakers for the kick panels and rear parcel shelf. I am not really interested in losing the space that a sub wil take up and I would like to look as original as possible.

Edit -sorry I just read what you said again :-P I will keep an eye out for you :-) Although, I wouldnt worry about a stereo in that car, ANSA is too noisey as it is :-P I saw that 'Bluey's' owner is on ECCA now... I sent him a PM...

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

O.boy - I got every panel that I have replaced on my car from BMW. I was happy with every single panel except the hood which was damaged in transit, then repaired by a stupid panel shop that I hate - before I picked it up and took it to my panel shop where they spent 2 hours fixing the stuff they had missed - at my cost!

Tom, are you getting an Alpine stereo? Or are you wanting me to get one? I am looking for a simple looking that is iPod capable, an amp to go under the pax seat and a few extra speakers for the kick panels and rear parcel shelf. I am not really interested in losing the space that a sub wil take up and I would like to look as original as possible.

Edit -sorry I just read what you said again :-P I will keep an eye out for you :-) Although, I wouldnt worry about a stereo in that car, ANSA is too noisey as it is :-P I saw that 'Bluey's' owner is on ECCA now... I sent him a PM...

Todd

Yeh, I just want a good head unit and sub because those are the things i will be transfering over to blacky. Most Alpines seem to be iPod capable but i've got an m:robe - olympus thingy - so ill probably just use mp3/cd's in it. Plans are to just put another not so good HU in it when i take the Alpine out. Ive got a little timeline up until September 25th of what needs to be done (including new carpet set and insulation :-) ). If your interested theres a few places on ebay selling Alpine HU's and other components but i wouldnt buy from the ones based OS. Im sooo getting rid of that ANSA asap. Love the look of that tip on Hamiks car :-P

Yeh i saw him on there, I had some photos of what his plate was so i checked it and it was him lol. Did i tell you he got it serviced at the place where Jim Jams works? (the Land Rover place). You've got his phone number btw (unless you've lost it!). If he replies to your PM (i havnt seen him post on there before), give us a yell if he wants to meet up!

Tom

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

Thanks Tim, i might have a looky after school. Unfortunatly they dont stock Alpine but ill definatly be looking there for some mildly priced 6x9's and splits. :-)

Cheers mate,

Tom

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

I am hoping to have it running, ready to roll when it leaves the painter...

I will hopefully give it a service while it is there, I still have to fit the 45 weber and the E21 recaros... just temporarily anyway... I will drive it for a bit longer - not too long, before I get it in to the trimmers. I want to get that stuff fixed ASAP, then I can rest easy and focus on getting the other bits that I want prior to the S14.

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

I just purchased a Braille Battery (lightest weight that I could find) and FIA apporved battery iscolator for my Zenon battery install... still no word on the current situation on my car. I have not called the painter yet though.

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

I just purchased a Braille Battery (lightest weight that I could find) and FIA apporved battery iscolator for my Zenon battery install... still no word on the current situation on my car. I have not called the painter yet though.

Todd

Hi mate,

Where did you get the Braille? Thinking about one for the Mini.

Take it you're planning on some road rallies... how serious are you going to go, cage?

New Mini Cooper S with lots of "extras" - NUMINI

I got the Braille from Autosports Direct.

http://www.autosportdirect.com.au/ Speak to Kristian there - tell him Todd recommended them. He is a good bloke, nothing was too difficult. They even offered to deliver it ot Mt Gambier for me on the weekend, but I already organised the courier!

I dont really plan on doing any rallies, more just some club track days and the likes with the BMWCCV. I am open to the prospects of some rallies though... just not sure how I would go with the red mist :-P A cage would be nice, but I am not sure if I want to go that far!

I spoke to the painter today, we are in agreeance - due to a number of hold ups on both of our behalf - that the car will be right to be worked on all next week and out the door - I hope!

Cheers,

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

No, I have not been over there for a bit over a week now... I dont think too much more has been done anyway.

I will head over there and take as many pics as I can when it is in the booth being painted.

Where are you mounting your battery? I noticed the strut brace you have made... interesting.

Todd

toddsig05.jpg