• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Salt & Snow -- can't go 02'n

Jim_75Sahara

I am tired of not getting out on the road for a relaxing drive in the countryside. You guys in the sunnier climes will have to tell us how your drives in the WARM, SUNNY countryside are for you lucky ones. Here the everday drivers are coated with a salty glaze -- very attractive.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

I was in my garage today Jim/Karl, so I saw the old granada red NK'er for the first time in a week, and happy to say it's clean and shiny from it's last car wash, late November, right before taking the battery out for it's winter in my garage. I haven't driven a 2002 in a Rochester winter since 1993, automatic Toyota Corolla since then; prior to 1993 I drove a 2002 or 320i all year round since 1984. The Corolla really could use a car wash too. Well, a bit longer and then the 2000 comes out again,

Tim.

post-238-13667560819762_thumb.jpg

We don't have that problem here in CA, the only snow we see is on the mountains as we look up at the mountain peaks through the palm trees. I live a mile away from CA hwy 1 here on the central coast, great driving roads to say the least. The movie Sideways was filmed nearby, nothing like driving your 02 with the sunroof open through wine country.

It's cold here, it only got up to 67 today. I used to live in cold country (North Dakota), I remember the temp going down to 30 below and my former 02 had a nice crack in the dash from the cold and it was garaged. Never again.

Gordon

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

Guest Anonymous

Gordon: I would LOVE to drive through the countryside where "Sideways" was filmed. They should have driven a classic bimmer in the movie, not that SAAB. We are bitching and moaning here, but we really do appreciate the fair weather when it comes again... I watched "Sideways" 3X now. Screened it for a wine conneiseur friend of mine and he loved it too. Jim_75Sahara