• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mike Self sighting

dubois

Hosting provided by FotoTimehad a surprise visitor today, arrived at the shop driving a Dinan Mini Cooper S. It is not everyday that you meet an 02 "celebrity", so I was star struck. It was pouring rain in Hollister, but that didn't prevent us to explore the backroads in the Mini, the car is simply awesome. It negotiated Quien Sabe Rd with such ease, that I had to look twice at the speedo to realize how fast we were really going. Had it been dry, we would have pulled some serious g's. Very sure footed rubber and suspension. You will read about this car in the Roundel. I am a believer now...

I can't wait to saturday though, weather is supposed to cooperate and we should have a nice drive in the bay area. Mike is an 02 walking enciclopedia, so it will be very interesting and worth it for those that will attend.

Michael[/img]

FAQ Member # 91

and now this midwesterner can say he's driven the fabled Quien Sabe road! What a great drive. When some of you Californians come visit in Ohio, I'll take you for a drive on the South Waynesville road. Twisties in a narrow river valley with woods!

That Mini is really something. A stock Cooper S is pretty cool; this Dinan car is something else! I'll have it at the drive on Saturday for all to see.

And Michael, thanks for your hospitality. I got to see and ride in the fabled Bacchus, and the even more fabled Polaris Alpina show car. Very cool rides!

Cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

and now this midwesterner can say he's driven the fabled Quien Sabe road! What a great drive. When some of you Californians come visit in Ohio, I'll take you for a drive on the South Waynesville road. Twisties in a narrow river valley with woods!

That Mini is really something. A stock Cooper S is pretty cool; this Dinan car is something else! I'll have it at the drive on Saturday for all to see.

And Michael, thanks for your hospitality. I got to see and ride in the fabled Bacchus, and the even more fabled Polaris Alpina show car. Very cool rides!

Cheers

mike

Now that would be a cool picture for the Roundel....the Dinan Mini with the Alpina 02 in the background..both being tuner prepared cars.....

'03 BMW Z4 3.0i

’89 BMW 325is

'80 Mercedes-Benz 300SD
'20 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT