• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closer to megasquirt megafun!

beast02er

Well, I decided to do it and go the megasquirt route. My Megasquirt II kit showed up on monday, and today I just got my wiring harness with all the sensors and such on it (premade). I decided to go the lazy route and get one that was already put together with all the sensors, figured it would be better than having to go buy all the sensors that I needed, and they are already wired up with 10ft of wire and all, so it should hopefully make the install job easier for me. Once I turn in all my projects for school i'll start putting the board together, i'm excited for that, but it makes having to work on projects that much harder! Now I just need a cheap laptop, and then hopefully get a Lynx manifold and modify it, and then make my throttle bodies!

I'm going to have to get everything set up and tested so that I can put it on my car and get it running/set up in a weekend.........does this sound plausible?? I hope so!!

Bryan

red73

73' 2002 "red"

66' 2 Door Cortina GT

http://mk1cortinasearch.blogspot.com/

Hi. Congratulation. In order to set the injection parameters, my advice would be to read a lot. If you had access to a safe place to do runs (steady speed, accelerations, etc), then it would help.

There are several parameters that interact with each others.

1- fuel vs RPM

2- acceleration pump vs RPM

3- engine load vs MAP (or TPS position)

There is a fair amount of trial and error as well as some constant fidling and improvement for the first year. Do not forget to use an O2 sensor to help you monitor the engine.

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

mmm looks like a DIY autotune kit you have there. v.3

nothing like the smell of soldering...mmmm

I built my kit and it is in the car but havn't switched yet..kinda got caught up in the summer and not the car is in storage and its cold out.

I should get it going next summer...and hopfully with a happier engine

MS is fun!

1985 e28 w/LS1/t56 and a bit more...

1970 2002 w/ m42 swap

-Contact me for m42 mounts or e28 ls1 mounts-

www.classicdaily.net

For what it's worth, The cheapest and most reliable wide band set up is the Innovate LC1. It's 199.00 at Summitracing.com You might be able to do it cheeper, but not by much and the LC1 is reliable. I drove and tuned my 1972 Volvo 145 with a Narrow band and after I switched to the LC1 there was no comparison. Like night and day. I wouldn't bother with a NB after using a WB. Also you can't just get the WB sensor, you have to have a WB controller to run the sensor.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades