• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Throttle linkage/alternator bracket/glass rubber install tip

Hey folks-compacting a few questions into one post:

1-I need the throttle linkage that runs from the pedal lever to the carburetor "arm". I have the linkage that actuates the carburetor, that seats in the firewall. I can't find the arm that links from that to the pedal, and my search terminology just brings up the part I already have.

2-is there a bracket that seats at the adjustable side of the alternator, that connects from the alternator adjustment bracket to the front of the block? same problem as above; searching for "alternator bracket" just gets me the bracket that connects to the "seated" side of the alternator, not the adjustable side.

3-i've started installing new window glass, and am wondering if there's a slick technique for all these locations that require me to jam rubber into a small recess. is there a technique that works better than my current tool,  strong curse words? 

thanks for the help folks!!

14 minutes ago, rjd2 said:

I need the throttle linkage that runs from the pedal lever to the carburetor "arm"

You could use our upgrade instead of the OEM part:

WWW.2002SONLY.COM

Eliminate that last bit of slop in your 2002 throttle linkage system with our new Down Rods with Heim Joints! The original down rod uses metal to metal joints at the firewall and pedal box connections. Those joints have been wearing down for around 50 years, creating slop and...

• Like 1

BMWCCA  Member #14493

www.2002sonly.com

1086238739_Logoforsignature.png.eb1354ab9afa7c378cd15f33e4c7fbbe.png

15 minutes ago, halboyles said:

You could use our upgrade instead of the OEM part:

WWW.2002SONLY.COM

Eliminate that last bit of slop in your 2002 throttle linkage system with our new Down Rods with Heim Joints! The original down rod uses metal to metal joints at the firewall and pedal box connections. Those joints have been wearing down for around 50 years, creating slop and...

Use the upgrade, they are awesome. 

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

31 minutes ago, rjd2 said:

2-is there a bracket that seats at the adjustable side of the alternator, that connects from the alternator adjustment bracket to the front of the block? same problem as above; searching for "alternator bracket" just gets me the bracket that connects to the "seated" side of the alternator, not the adjustable side.

3-i've started installing new window glass, and am wondering if there's a slick technique for all these locations that require me to jam rubber into a small recess. is there a technique that works better than my current tool,  strong curse words? 

thanks for the help folks!!

Pictures always help to get answers.  I think I know what you are asking, but send some picks to be sure. 

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

2 hours ago, rjd2 said:

searching for "alternator bracket" just gets me the bracket that connects to the "seated" side of the alternator, not the adjustable side.

Search alternator arm, see if that brings up anything usefull.

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

Get the throttle arm from Hal, his stuff is great 

You need this bracket   and the 2 bushings that go on the bolt at the frt timing cover to hold that bracket in place  

12318602037.jpg12318602037_1.jpg
Alternator bracket for all carburator models you need 1 for 1 car
Alternator bracket for all carburator models you need 1 for 1 car

part # 12318602037

and the bushings X 2  

Rubber/metal part for alternator bracket fits for all models and years of manufacturing you need 2 for 1 car
Rubber/metal part for alternator bracket fits for all models and years of manufacturing you need 2 for 1 car

part # 11721261404

Use dish soap to help fit the rubber into place, go to a dollar store and pick up a couple of wood spoons and cut them to use as helpers to push the rubber into place.        And the louder the curse words, the easier it gets

I have new bushings and a replated arm  ( I just did the replating on it )   if you are interested

Thanks, Rick