• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1976 2002 battery cable Fischer and part numbers

Does anyone have Fische and part numbers for both the positive and negative cables.  Also, are there other large gauge wires I should replace at the same time. These are shot. Does it have an engine to body ground independent of other wires/straps?

positive 61121357247

negative 61121350305

negative cable has both chassis and body ground terminals but if you have a giant stereo or aircraft landing lights you should consider a supplemental cable from battery - to the chassis  

• Like 1

I used my old positive cable from the starter as an extra ground from the engine block to the chassis. 

That little pig tail on the braided negative strap from the battery to the left fender is a bit dicey.

Extraengineground.thumb.JPG.1c617141e7d11a5616899af68d8b2adc.JPG

14 minutes ago, John76 said:

That little pig tail on the braided negative strap from the battery to the left fender is a bit dicey.

It's rated  to 60 amps more than enough to handle the hotel load on a stock 02 by at least 3x.

• Thanks 1

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

1 minute ago, Son of Marty said:

It's rated  to 60 amps more than enough to handle the hotel load on a stock 02 by at least 3x.

Agree.  Also advise having any heavy-load stereo/amps separately wired w/ fusible link to battery +/-

• Like 2

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

I might add hi wattage driving lights in multiples should have the load wired directly off the battery +/- terms.

• Like 1

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

1 hour ago, Son of Marty said:

Good to know!  

I keep hearing those stories about red-hot throttle linkages when the chassis ground is weak. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, John76 said:

Good to know!  

I keep hearing those stories about red-hot throttle linkages when the chassis ground is weak. 

My throttle linkage only gets hot whenever I’m out “getting coffee”…

• Haha 2

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

On 4/24/2024 at 8:10 PM, John76 said:

I used my old positive cable from the starter as an extra ground from the engine block to the chassis. 

Extraengineground.thumb.JPG.1c617141e7d11a5616899af68d8b2adc.JPG

I like that. I may run a plain new one. My current cables are really tired