• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Box flare brand

My google-fu isn’t turning up anything. Who make these overlay style box flares ? Or something like the. I can buy. I’m not interested In the Ireland engineering ones.

IMG_2967.jpeg

IMG_2966.jpeg

Yeah, Cahsel has a set of original Zender box flares on their GRP spares page.

There’s DTM fiberwerks

https://dtmfiberwerkz.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=68

And there’s Midwest-Bayless

https://www.midwest-bayless.com/p-7382-fg-bmw-2002-flare-set-fender-flares-fiberglass-set-frontrear-bmw-2002-new.aspx

and of course, in CF from SonOfCobra

https://www.sonofcobra.com/shop-sonofcobra/bmw-2002-roof-skin-spw5c

FWIW, it looks like 2002AD also sells the three styles IE offers.

• Like 1

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

You may be a little confused here. As far as full fender flares go (Alpina, Schnitzer, etc), the front is the full fender, replacing the factory sheet metal, not an "overlay". The rears are all meant to lay over the existing panel. There is no non-overlay version. Some end after the actual flare, some wrap around the rear corner like the photo shown. Doing it right, you remove the majority of the rear arch to take advantage of the extended wheel opening of the flare. None are meant to be removable, unless you are using the flare as a cosmetic add-on, or you expect to have a lot of contact with other cars and want to swap them on the fly.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Furry Camel said:

You may be a little confused here. As far as full fender flares go (Alpina, Schnitzer, etc), the front is the full fender, replacing the factory sheet metal, not an "overlay". The rears are all meant to lay over the existing panel. There is no non-overlay version. Some end after the actual flare, some wrap around the rear corner like the photo shown. Doing it right, you remove the majority of the rear arch to take advantage of the extended wheel opening of the flare. None are meant to be removable, unless you are using the flare as a cosmetic add-on, or you expect to have a lot of contact with other cars and want to swap them on the fly.

I like the ones in the photo cause Rivnut it on, vs bonding and filling glass to get seamless like the Ireland. I can’t find a pick of anyone’s besides this car that has enough flange to Rivnut to body 

15 minutes ago, Furry Camel said:

It may not seem like it from the photos on the site, but the IE rear flares have a flat to panel flange edge, similar to the one in the above photo that you can use a Rivnut on if you choose to.

Awesome, appreciate it! I will go with those then. Sadly they have photos of them installed 

Zaprace in the U.K. has 2 types of Box-Flares, Schnitzer & "Club Race" Zender.

WWW.ZAPRACE.COM

• Like 1

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Furry Camel said:

If you do go with the IE ones, try to get one of the guys to take a picture of the rear flare edge, so you can see it before placing an order. I'm close by and I could see if I could get someone to take a pic for me if you don't get a response quickly enough.

I asked for pics and they said to google them also they told me to contact a professional body shop… not the best customer service. So here I am hoping someone has something to show 

Edited by cmiceli

The ones in your first pic on the red car are Schnitzer 'style' flares, the ones in the IE link look like Zender 'style' flares.  The Schnitzer style flare will accommodate a little wider wheel.  Wheels are a big deal, with any car, especially any flared car.

alpina 3-31-2017 017.JPG

• Like 1