• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Box flare brand

11 hours ago, Furry Camel said:

Well, shoot. I didn't realize it wasn't a complete set. Worst case, buy the partial set and just order the rears from IE, since it might be difficult to find a single flare that matches. As long as they are box style, nobody needs to know that they came from different sources.

The Ireland ones have the lower body line . These do not pretty easy to tell the difference 

These appear to be from the Turboglass molds which were created by Tony Bonadies Jr. from an original set of Gr4 fenders that had BBS markings. 
The old Korman catalogs list part numbers for LF, RF, LR and RR as well as the air dam.

The fat red roundie is shown at LRP sometime in the 90s. Bruce @Mtuner maintained the car at that time.

The car was built Lin the mid 70s by an early 02 enthusiast. Parts used included Alpina engine and red dot suspension kits and their 4 wheel discs that all came from Phil Dermer at Motortech along with Phil’s “upside down” rear crossmember and modded front subframe as used in his GTU car as well as the Jones chronometric tach that he liked.

I believe the fenders came from Tony while Hank Thorp Racing supplied the magnesium minilites with the extended lug nuts.

The Talbot wing mirrors are mounted where they appear on some of the early Alpina 1600 cars.

The body work on the Heidegger LeMans winner looks identical to the Turboglass panels so these are faithful to what was being used by leading teams. 

Looking forward to seeing your project!

Scan12.jpg.ca21396d2284412725d6d4040332a3a3.jpg.16f56efcd9254f10d5ad16afc389a9e5.jpg

Edited by Flunder
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Flunder said:

The body work on the Heidegger LeMans winner looks identical to the Turboglass panels so these are faithful to what was being used by leading teams. 

This car also has the same panels as the Heidegger car.. (clearer pics)

IMG_2292.jpeg

IMG_2290.jpeg

• Like 1

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com