• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this my cars color?

Vpool

Just wanted to ask on here if the attached picture shows good enough evidence of my cars factory color. There is a good indication that the car has been resprayed with the same color but that’s just extra info. I have also sent an email to hdz.info@bmwgroup.com just to double check.

IMG_2185.thumb.jpeg.60d00b88eff55f3ba59f4961ea8bc111.jpeg

9 hours ago, Tommy said:

Of course someone could replace the sticker when changing color - but it doesn't look like that in this case.

Unless they’re a true expert at fake aging and patina.. lol

While you’re waiting on your build data from BMW Group Classic, you could dig around a bit looking at those ‘hidden areas’ on the body where there’s typically unmolested original paint… but methinks you’ll find more Inka.

• Like 2

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

• 3 weeks later...

Not zackly on topic, but I'm in Portugal and dealing with cars that were CKD from the factory and then assembled in Portugal.  From what I've seen there are no "labels/decals" identifying the colors here, and furthermore the Munchen sources have no information as to specs nor colors.  So, it's up to us to poke around into those places that a re-spray/color change isn't likely to show up, just to verify the original color... whatever it was!  And...to further complicate, I'm looking at a color that was never offered in the US for any of the '02 series!  Ah, the mysteries of time that we're trying to un-ravel!