• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

123 Distributor

DoubleA

I just purchased a 123 distributor and new “blue” coil from IE, and wanted to see if anyone had any tuning recommendations that might accommodate my set up. 
currently working with a 32/36 Weber. 184 degree cam and everything else is just about stock. 

I'm still waiting for the distributor to arrive but in the meantime I have been checking out the 123 app and am pretty impressed with the functions available.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate! 

When you install it and rotate the body to light the LED as instructed, before you load an advance, write a "tune" to the dizzy, that is a flat line through the RPM range to 8000. 12º is a good number. #1- Use a digital timing light set to that number(12º) and confirm that the TDC mark on the pulley lines up with the mark on the front cover, lock it down. #2- Since the tune is a straight line through the RPM range, with the timing light still on the pulley, slowly raise the RPM and verify that the mark stays at TDC. This will verify that the dizzy is maintaining the timing you give it. Once you know the dizzy is working correctly, replace the flat line tune with one from the many suggestions given on the forum. Have fun with it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stevenola said:

You shouldn't be using an internally resisted Blue coil with a 123, they recommend a Bosch red coil (or equivalent) and no ballast resistor. 

This is from the 123 site.

123IGNITIONUSA.COM

Your US Distributor of electronic ignition distributors for classic cars 123ignition