• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another 74 Alpina A4 on Bring A Trailer

BarrettN

On 11/14/2023 at 8:29 PM, markmac said:

"As far as the 2002 tii with Alpina A4 engine goes, seems to me it did pretty well for what it was (a 2002tii with a documented Alpina A4 engine and some nice parts - cobbled together)."

I promise in no sense of defense; but I am in the process of purchasing the said A4 in this thread; the documents support the Alpina being shipped to Buchloe within a week of delivery with the following conversion being performed; much more than just an "a4" engine.

The Fahrzeugbrief details quite a few Alpina installed upgrades @ new; the A4 engine, Full suspension kit (Greendot); ventilated rotors/4-pot caliper, front spoiler, and wheels (all Alpina). It also has the q/r SB, Dog-leg c/r 5-speed, Alpina gauge cluster, Alpina wheel, Rentrop/Turbo Seats, etc.

I am delighted to have a factory modified A4 with such a well documented conversion performed and will enjoy each and every mile behind the wheel...all smiles here!

Cracker

On 11/14/2023 at 8:29 PM, markmac said:

Edited by cracker
  • Like 4

Alpina A4 (Chassis #2735172)

24 minutes ago, cracker said:

I promise in no sense of defense; but I am in the process of purchasing the said A4 in this thread; the documents support the Alpina being shipped to Buchloe within a week of delivery with the following conversion being performed; much more than just an "a4" engine.

The Fahrzeugbrief details quite a few Alpina installed upgrades @ new; the A4 engine, Full suspension kit (Greendot); ventilated rotors/4-pot caliper, front spoiler, and wheels (all Alpina). It also has the q/r SB, Dog-leg c/r 5-speed, Alpina gauge cluster, Alpina wheel, Rentrop/Turbo Seats, etc.

I am delighted to have a factory modified A4 with such a well documented conversion performed and will enjoy each and every mile behind the wheel...all smiles here!

Cracker

Congrats on your purchase! I certainly hope the car gets driven on some twisty roads instead of living in a climate controlled garage (or living room).

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

17 minutes ago, jgerock said:

Congrats on your purchase! I certainly hope the car gets driven on some twisty roads instead of living in a climate controlled garage (or living room).

Thank you Jim...!

I will drive this car fairly often; and it has been over the last 8-years despite being a part of one of the worlds largest private 02 collections. It has been very well cared for during this time. Considering my abilities and means, this A4 is the closest I will get to the "ultimate 02"...it is a keeper; it has found its home!

Cracker

Edited by cracker
  • Like 2

Alpina A4 (Chassis #2735172)

Probably because they added the larger rear brakes.  The Turbo rear drums were the same as the e21 320i but used a larger slave cylinder ( same as used on the e9 2800’s with rear drums.  

1970 1602 (purchased 12/1974)

1974 2002 Turbo

1988 M5

1986 Euro 325iC