• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone put 16" rims on a 2002?

lunarkingdom

Well, historically, being a bit pudgy was a sign of wealth and status- 

I don't have to work, and look, I can afford more food than I need to survive.

Now, look at all the skinny- ass richies sucking up all the resources and not feeding the poor.

t

let them eat cake.

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

So Doris is up on the lift receiving maintenance at the moment, maybe I should consider some mods? (note I did not say upgrades)

That way I can scape along the pavement yet clear those pesky driveways,speedbumps and parking bumpers with the push of a button.

Great for gettin the honeys too looks like

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

38 minutes ago, Lucky 7 said:

Well, that turned uncharacteristically gross. The guy asked about fitting 16s, it’s really not that controversial. 

I was kind of surprised as well, people on this board are usually wonderful I guess unless you want to go custom anything or retro-mod your 1974 to a 1969. Haters gonna hate.

@lunarkingdom be weary of some of the advice you get here on this subject, many haven't fitted anything but the standard issue 13s on their 2002, or wearily ventured into 14s only to panic and rant about drivability and inability to turn the steering wheel. So boring. 

16's work great on a 2002 and they were my favorite set up on my old M2. With the proper offset, you can fit much wider tires under the factory arches if you so desire. If you have other modifications to your car, then the lower profile tires are not going to be a factor at all - I never spent a second worrying about the sidewall of my tires. For me, the larger wheel is more of an aesthetic conversation and tire sourcing challenge at times.

Again, with the s14 under the hood, I had zero issues. With a slow going stock or stock-ish 2002, I doubt you'd miss much if a change in wheel design is what you're really after. 

@Lucky 7 thanks for the tag.

• Like 1

-Ryan

05/87 M3 Hennarot

04/71 2002tii Baikal