• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 build

klanter

Same here, also love the look of Rabbit flares.  My 71 just got done with paint and is ready for re-assembly.  Klanter, you are almost to the finish line, hang in there!  Looking sweet so far.  I imagine your are going to put some beefier wheels on that thing.

paint.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gruizer said:

Same here, also love the look of Rabbit flares.  My 71 just got done with paint and is ready for re-assembly.  Klanter, you are almost to the finish line, hang in there!  Looking sweet so far.  I imagine your are going to put some beefier wheels on that thing.

paint.jpg

Beautiful 71 you have there I hope mine can turn out that smooth.  As far as wheel I am planning to run some 15x8's to get some more tire under the car.  The finish line is getting closer after a long time with metal work.  The car was a little rougher than I initially thought so I have replaced outer and inner rockers along with lower quarters on each side.  With that I do not feel bad cutting the car up some to get the look flared look. 

• Like 1

1971 BMW 2002 M42 swap (Project)

2000 SS Camaro 408 6 speed Turbo

Who's the graffiti artist on your unpainted sheet metal.  If it's a little person, now may be the time to wean 'em away from scribbling on Daddy's old car...before the new paint!

Looking very nice...

mike

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

6 hours ago, Mike Self said:

Who's the graffiti artist on your unpainted sheet metal.  If it's a little person, now may be the time to wean 'em away from scribbling on Daddy's old car...before the new paint!

Looking very nice...

mike

Mike-  Three little ones "helping" in the garage.  They have been sat down and understand when the car is painted it will be off limits like the Camaro is haha. 

Thanks I appreciate that.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, klanter said:

Mike-  Three little ones "helping" in the garage.  They have been sat down and understand when the car is painted it will be off limits like the Camaro is haha. 

Thanks I appreciate that.

Alternative finish option: have them fill out any blank spots and clear over the artwork. 😄

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...

Got the firewall cleaned up and painted with rust encapsulator. No rust but don’t want to have to worry about it either. Test fit the engine and will start working on wiring before I removed everything to paint the bay. 

IMG_2683.jpeg

IMG_2682.jpeg

IMG_2681.jpeg

Edited by klanter
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, klanter said:

Got the firewall cleaned up and painted with rust encapsulator. No rust but don’t want to have to worry about it either. Test fit the m42 and will start working on wiring before I removed everything to paint the bay. 

IMG_2683.jpeg

IMG_2682.jpeg

IMG_2681.jpeg

Based on that intake manifold, you may have a M44 out of an e36.  I’ve been known to be wrong occasionally 🤷🏻‍♂️

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

52 minutes ago, jgerock said:

Based on that intake manifold, you may have a M44 out of an e36.  I’ve been known to be wrong occasionally 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeah it might be I will have to research more. Engine came with the car in pieces so I haven’t really questioned what the seller said. Thanks for pointing that out so I can research some.

• 3 weeks later...