• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First time 2002 Owner!

Hello and thanks in advance! 

I have been a e34 owner for 15 years and this is my first 2002. Very excited to get her running. I have pulled the plugs and the valve clover and it looks quite clean inside. Going to do the basics and start her up asap. She was running in 2017 so shouldn’t be that bad….

I have not bought parts for my BMW in a while.  What are some sources for best prices and options? 
pelican parts? 
Ecs tuning? 

70501303146__B121E76C-0D7B-4613-A555-2E086880CC67.jpeg

IMG_3821.jpeg

IMG_3826.jpeg

• Like 3

Wow glad I asked. I have not heard of many of these sites thank you! 

For now my plan WAS to get her running and test the waters to sell her…but the early addiction is strong. Have not even drove it yet. Don’t want to tease any potential buyers yet so we shall see... 

• Haha 1

From the Interstate sign and the flatbed's license plate, I'd guess you're in the Chicago area...if so there's a very active 2002 group there.  I'm sure someone on the Board who's active will see this and contact you; if not, PM me and I'll send  you a contact.  Also...if you get 'er running soon, there's a big 2002 gathering in Eureka Springs Arkansas at the end of May (a day's drive from Chicago, 72 2002s there last year), and I know there some Chicago 02ers who plan to attend.  You might caravan with them. 

And...welcome to the 02 fraternity/sorority.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

On 5/7/2023 at 11:36 PM, Mike Self said:

From the Interstate sign and the flatbed's license plate, I'd guess you're in the Chicago area...if so there's a very active 2002 group there.  I'm sure someone on the Board who's active will see this and contact you; if not, PM me and I'll send  you a contact.  Also...if you get 'er running soon, there's a big 2002 gathering in Eureka Springs Arkansas at the end of May (a day's drive from Chicago, 72 2002s there last year), and I know there some Chicago 02ers who plan to attend.  You might caravan with them. 

And...welcome to the 02 fraternity/sorority.

mike

Thanks Mike! Good to hear the fraternity is strong in Chicago. I have my e34 buddies but could always use some more! I didn’t hear from anybody yet. I would love to network with you! 

In Chicago, you might start with Bob Dileonardo and Rich Ford in the Evanston and Wilmette areas.  Both are well-connected with the Chicago 2002 group.  They will be happy to treat you to beer and dinner and discuss 2002's, contacts, garages, parts, and life.  Of course, the most important disser subject will be why you should keep your new 2002.

Larry

Cincinnati