• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72’ 2002 M20 2.9 ITB Goodness

02legit

16 hours ago, 02legit said:

Midnight Motorsport in Seattle is who put everything together, thanks Patrick and his team! 

2.9 street stroker kit. 
284/280 cam

RHD 40 itb kit

60lb injectors 

IE headers 

e32 750i master cylinder for the brakes ..

e30 5speed with modified 2002 rear subframe holding a e30 3.73ls diff 

megasquirt is taking care of the tuning side 

custom strut brace from Midnight/ custom motor mounts… the firewall had to be trimmed just a bit to fit everything in… the motor is set as far back as possible without major firewall mods… 

60lb Injectors? That sounds like overkill unless you plan to add a turbo.

What calipers are you using with the e32 master cylinder? How does it feel?

Oversized injectors are not an issue if the injector bought has the turn down to flow needed for idle speed conditions.  Some can and some cannot.

• Like 1

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

Patrick and his team did a great job! Wound up hitting a tow hitch in the middle of I-5 and took the oil pan 3hrs into the trip … aside from that little mishap the car ran great. She is a little twitchy that’s for sure ! 

Edited by 02legit

Looks awesome!  So clean/understated (sans flares) on the exterior with a zippy monster underneath.  It seems like you're going to have a lot of fun putting it through the paces in the days ahead.

Was happy to see the pictures Patrick texted me of the car when he was in the thick of it.  Very jealous it's done and being driven!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

@02legit  This build is so sweet.

Can you share any more info about clearance issues with the air box installed? I assumed I would have to run open/ modified trumpets due to cowl and brake booster clearance with these RHD ITBs. Who's mounts did you use? Brake booster? Coil-on-plug setup? 

Edited by Streetcar

A little bit of the firewall was trimmed but the motor is also set as far back as possible on custom mounts, no clearance issues with the brake booster either… I have not removed the box but was told the last trumpet has to get loosened and removed if taking the air box off. LS2 coils on a grw mount. Hope this helps 

Edited by 02legit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 02legit said:

A little bit of the firewall was trimmed but the motor is also set as far back as possible on custom mounts, no clearance issues with the brake booster either… I have not removed the box but was told the last trumpet has to get loosened and removed if taking the air box off. LS1 coils on a grw mount. Hope this helps 

Excellent news! Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_1997.thumb.jpeg.9d46926ad56bbfcd9897698c7e9f8e2f.jpeg

Finally hit the rollers… I wasn’t able to walk away with a full graph and no def tq numbers but she put down 190whp with wcf 196hp.. def left some power on the table but the car feels  great.. this was on a mustang Dyno roughly 80 degrees and 75% humidity… did 6 pulls in total.. first pull hit 176whp…