• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1976 Rear Brake Line Routing and Length

HobieDog

Two quick questions regarding the long hard brake line that runs from the MC to the "Tee" in the rear.  My car is a 1976 MY,  built 10/1975

- What is the proper routing?  My car has had a lot of hack jobs by previous owner(s) and the line currently runs down, across the drivers floor pan and then along the rocker and then it curves around and connects to the tee, from behind.  I have seen photos and read references to it travelling down the transmission tunnel.

- What is the length of the above line? 

Real OEM lists two different lengths (2272 or 3560mm), and the pdf that I found floating around here lists another (2388mm, close enough to the 2272).  Both attached.

I don't care about originality, but do want it in the best and safest place possible...which I would assume is in the tunnel.  

image.png.e17d4155c510771234cb1f713a929d00.png

2002 Brakeline chart (1).pdf

5 minutes ago, HobieDog said:

- What is the proper routing?  My car has had a lot of hack jobs by previous owner(s) and the line currently runs down, across the drivers floor pan and then along the rocker and then it curves around and connects to the tee, from behind.  I

Short length is for the trans tunnel route (generally considered the early style)

Longer length is the version where it routes out to the rocker around the floor pan indent (generally considered the late style).

Yours sounds similar to how it should be given the model year, but cannot definitively say without a picture.  Either route works fine.

• Thanks 1