• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling a tii: seeking advice

schuetz1619
Go to solution Solved by NYNick,

If you're going to sell it here, then do all the little things-- and then people will debate WHICH little things you did and HOW you did the little things and make lowball offers because they already have 4 2002s.

If you're going to sell it on BAT, spend way more than you think you need to on detailing and good pictures. Be radically honest about its condition and set aside a week to answer 200 questions with patience and good humor.

• Like 1

After getting the recommendation I looked it up locally.

A purpose-built machine jets powdered dry ice at high pressure to clean whatever it is aimed it. The dry ice functions as a fine abrasive—sandblasting without the sand. Because the spray diameter is very small, it takes a long time. Many of the really clean undercarriages you see on BAT have been cleaned this way. The estimate for my car was $350 - $600 at $160/hour. 

Edited by schuetz1619
typos

Consult a detail shop to clean up and tailor any defects to your satisfaction, gather all maintenance records, get an appraisal look at the comps on Bring a trailer.com ... (PM me if you like with some pics) I might be able to get you close. List your desired dollar amount and list it here on the FAQ classifieds. If you don`t receive credible offers here move on to other venues. 

IMGP0836.jpg
BRINGATRAILER.COM

Browse and bid online for the chance to own a BMW 2002 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online.

Edited by Mikesmalaga72
add

7 hours ago, schuetz1619 said:

A purpose-built machine jets powdered dry ice at high pressure to clean whatever it is aimed it. The dry ice functions as a fine abrasive—sandblasting without the sand. Because the spray diameter is very small, it takes a long time. Many of the really clean undercarriages you see on BAT have been cleaned this way. The estimate for my car was $350 - $600 at $160/hour. 

I've read that the cleaning can result in flash rusting of the blasted area.  Anyone have details or experience?

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif