• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 2002 Heater/blower box

Setuck

Hello fellow 02ers, this is my very first post and I hope this will bring me some help.

I am in Orange County, CA and restoring a 1971 2002. After sandblasting and body work, I discovered that my heater/blower, which was taken out by the body shop for access to some rust, was in non-operational form.

Can anyone steer me to locating a replacement?
I know I'll have many more questions in the near future.
Thanks.

Check the archives for lots of postings on repairing heater assemblies...it's usually the blower motor and they can be fixed or replaced.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I totally and successfully refurbished mine - and as some on FAQ can attest - I'm not the most skilled on the forum. It's quite a lot of fun and you can get all the parts to refurb the blower motor, seals for the box, valve kit, cables (if needed) all here from trusted vendors.

This guy (in SF from memory) is in that link posted above has a range of blower replacement parts and a how-to if memory serves - https://prdesignsf.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fheater-valve-mount-reinforcement-kit. Steve (BluntTech)  has all sorts of bits for it as well. 

• Like 1

On 2/12/2023 at 12:36 AM, zambo said:

I totally and successfully refurbished mine - and as some on FAQ can attest - I'm not the most skilled on the forum. It's quite a lot of fun and you can get all the parts to refurb the blower motor, seals for the box, valve kit, cables (if needed) all here from trusted vendors.

This guy (in SF from memory) is in that link posted above has a range of blower replacement parts and a how-to if memory serves - https://prdesignsf.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fheater-valve-mount-reinforcement-kit. Steve (BluntTech)  has all sorts of bits for it as well. 

I am in the middle of rebuilding my heater box using everything from PRDesigns, including a new fan and motor. 

Not a difficult process. 

I needed the big tubes of JB Weld to get the plastic pieces back in shape.  I'll post pictures once I get into the reassembly part.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...