• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Console measurement

Go to solution Solved by Fortlauderdalian,

Yeah, short console sides are parallel at the faceplate, which is rectangular. Long consoles with or without A/C have slanted sides.

Add: from the many pics I’ve seen the width looks to be just a tad wider than a DIN faceplate.

Edited by visionaut

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

Yeah, John’s long console shows the small slant in that one.

For completeness, the A/C long consoles have much greater angles.  My Behr A/C long console faceplate measures a full 12” across the top at the dash and 7” at the bottom bend, where it folds back under to meet the top of the long console shifter surround. My full DIN faceplate is just under 7.5” wide and ‘just fits’ located right above that bottom of the faceplate.

If folks don’t provide you the exact OE width, it should likely be at least 7.5” wide ..

Tom

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

I measured the dimensions of the ashtray holding portion of my Feb 69's short console.  It has a vinyl-covered chipboard crosspiece vs the plastic ones used on later cars, but I think the dimensions are the same.  Mine measured right at 8 1/4" at the top edge, and 8 1/8" at the bottom but I suspect it was the same measurement when the car was new--probably slightly loose screws.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

• 4 weeks later...