• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Upholstery colors - color-blind member requests help

schuetz1619

I am trying to determine the color of my reupholstered interior. The work was done in 1995 and matches my OE (74-76) door panels. I can't tell beige from sand from tan from Gobi when I compare the real thing to photos in or of brochures.

I am looking for a kind volunteer with good color vision and a knowledge of the OE colors who could tell me what my color is if I send a sample.

Any volunteers?

Many thanks,

schuetz1619

The factory brown interior, for the 1974-76 model years was referred to as Nylon Brown on window stickers and as Beige in the paint and upholstery brochures. A layperson would have simply called it Tan.

Gobi Tan is the World Upholstery version of the color. It appears slightly more “fleshy” than the original factory color.

And if someone was buying high-quality ready-made replacement covers in 1995, World Upholstery would be a good bet.

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)