• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bright bits

Hello, I'm putting back a 1970 2002 Riviera.  No rust and new paint! I'd like all new bright bits... belt line trim, mirrors, handles, bumpers, etc.  Where is the best and affordable place to shop for them all?  (Shipped to New England).  I usually use Wallothnesch and have been quite satisfied but want to know if there's another vendor in the States?

20221120_164815.jpg

• Like 3

Lots of sources for trim parts, BluntTech, RogersTii, MVP, Maximillian, FAQ Classifieds, 2002AD, etc.  Vendor info is in the FAQ

https://www.bmw2002faq.com/vendors/

If I was doing waistline trim on that paint job, I would look into the adhesive strips, super cheap and nice results.

Mark92131

• Like 1

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

9 hours ago, Mark92131 said:

If I was doing waistline trim on that paint job, I would look into the adhesive strips, super cheap and nice results.

Mark92131

Definitely. When I put my trim on the paint was so thick the clips would not go in and on some of the holes I had to drill the paint out to fit the clip!😭

• Thanks 1

Phil

1975 1602 with an M42 engine.

Project thread http://www.02forum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14853#p107713

for some of the trim pieces I used the dealer, drip moldings and any long curved pieces. Once shipping is calculated from independent suppliers the dealer was cheaper. If the part was damaged, there is no hassle getting a replacement.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 02jake said:

for some of the trim pieces I used the dealer, drip moldings and any long curved pieces. Once shipping is calculated from independent suppliers the dealer was cheaper. If the part was damaged, there is no hassle getting a replacement.

Good point about damaged trim. I live in Toronto, Canada and ordered a set of new belt line trim for my hood from BluntTech. The first set shipped by UPS arrived damaged. The second set shipped by USPS arrived damaged. The third set shipped by UPS arrived intact. While BluntTech was great about shipping out replacements at no charge, I got stuck paying the tax and brokerage on each shipment. Which meant it cost me an extra $180.00. In hindsight, I should've just ordered them locally from my local dealer. 

It should be noted, the third set didn't fit half as well as my original set. They were nice and tight to the corners of the hood. The new ones, not so much. It was a bitch to get them even this close.

IMG-3490.JPG

IMG-3491.JPG

Edited by Senna27

1975 - 2002 - Sabine - Jade

2010 Toyota Matrix XR

Remember: RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

Thanks everyone. I'm definitely going with the adhesive belt line trim on this one. I've seen it on other cars and it looked great. Forgot that was an option but it's perfect for this build as it's a solid driver. 

15 hours ago, Mark92131 said:

Lots of sources for trim parts, BluntTech, RogersTii, MVP, Maximillian, FAQ Classifieds, 2002AD, etc.  Vendor info is in the FAQ

https://www.bmw2002faq.com/vendors/

Mark92131

6 hours ago, Green Mountain Agave said:

Thanks everyone. I'm definitely going with the adhesive belt line trim on this one. I've seen it on other cars and it looked great. Forgot that was an option but it's perfect for this build as it's a solid driver. 

You certainly won't have to worry about that stuff getting damaged in shipping. 😉

1975 - 2002 - Sabine - Jade

2010 Toyota Matrix XR

Remember: RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR